When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Dr. Jit Samaroo! - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Remembering - Dr. Jit Samaroo - Steelband Arranger Extraordinaire!!!

Global - Dr. Jit Sukha Samaroo (Musician, Panist, Composer, and steel pan arranger) was born in Surrey Village in the Lopinot Valley, Trinidad, on 24 February 1950, the sixth of Sookram and Lakia Samaroo’s thirteen children. His love for music manifested itself at a very early age, influenced perhaps by his mother, who played the Dholak, and by ‘parang’, a Spanish-derived musical art form for which Lopinot is famous. Jit played the cuatro and guitar and at Christmas time, would accompany the village paranderos in their traditional house-to-house serenading.
read more

Views: 2780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Birthday Jit.

OH WHAT A BLESSED SOUL////

Birthday greetings go out to you in this 2013th year of Our Lord Dr. Jit. May you continue to be eternally blessed.

GD MNG TO U MY FRIEND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO YOU " HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO UUU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO UUU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR    SAMAROOOO  HAPPY BIIIRTHDAYYY TOOOOO UUUUUUUUUUU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U MY FRIEND UR NBR 1 FAN FROM BERMUDA

Dear Dr. Samaroo: Happy Birthday to you and all the best for the future.

Your music has transformed a childrens' playgroup into a steelband. After we had managed to play PiaM we were on the right track.

Like I had mentioned before I have heard the Samaroo  Jets years ago in Suriname led by the great Dr Jit Samaroo and I would like to make it quite clear that the only Steelband that has ever performed the Indian Music to perfection  on Pan is  Jit which was a total surprise to me for thisi  had never heard done by anyone before /specifically speaking Arranging andPlaying Indian Music,, I also do Play and arrange Indian Music on the Steelpan to date   a noted song well performed is Sohanie Raat,,by the Samaroo Jets,, for the year 2013 and many more to come with the strength  and blessings of our Almighty God the creator of our beautiful Universe  have a Happy Birhtday  Dr Jit, my respect to yourself ,family and all of the WST members.

I began playing at Gerizim (Arima) Angel Harps in 1985, when I first heard that Jit had arrived as the arranger. I spent 6 years playing under him and I learned so much from him. He always had the time and willingness to share knowledge. If there is one word that would epitomise him, it would be "patience". When I began arranging in 1991, whenever I encountered problems, I would go to his home and I can just see him beckoning me to come upstatirs. Nice guy...real nice guy. JIT SAMAROO IS A CLASS ACT. Happy Birthday to you.

A rare combination of sheer genius and humility.

An approach so effortless yet perfect that it must have come through him from a higher power.

Possibly the greatest musician to come from T&T. The steelband fraternity owes him the greatest debt of gratitude.

Jit Samaroo is the reason I am involved in pan the way I am today.

I would like to convey to Dr.Jit a Blessed Birthday and to thank him for his numerous contributions he has made through the years for he has touched every one of us tremendously with his musical ability  whether it be as a player, an arranger, a composer, an adjudicator, a leader or in the many other positions that he has participated in. It is worthy for us to note the lessons contained in is humility and calmness and think how if we should adopt such we too would be able to make such  positive contributions as he has made . I pray that we would all enjoy divine guidance. Thanks again .

Happy, happy birthday to you!

Best wishes on your birthday Dr. Jit  .....for all of the excellent work you have done for the Pan...nuff respect

Salah

Another year of life........another year his greatness prevails!!! 

Happy Birthday Dr. Jit!!!!!

RSS

© 2021   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service