Replies

• there is another  famous STARLIFT, VINCI  STARLIFT WILL BE  50 YEARS OLD 2017 AND THEY ARE THE WINNINGEST BAND IN THE WORLD. 21 PANORAMA WINS OVER 49 YEARS. We will make it 22 next panorama.

The GENISIS of VINCI STARLIFT comes thru one man,   The  late WALTON TANNIE PETERS, builder/tuner, panist, arranger, composer, mas man, policeman, carpenter, a man of many colours.. STARLIFT IS THE PRIDE OF  ST VINCENT...paddy corea  ALUMNII..

• Starlift Steel Orchestra - Sparrow's "Jane"(1969)

• Starlift Steel Orchestra "I feel Pretty" (1963) arranged by Ray Holman

• Celebrating the BIRTH day of a new movement in PANORAMA music...The first "own composition" to be played at a Panorama Competition. Ray Holman's "Pan On The Move", sung By Singing Dianne with lyrics from the pen of Alvin Daniel.

• Starlift - Pan On The Move (1972)

• Happy Birthday to Starlift and all its past and current members.

bugs

• Happy Birthday Starlift. Thanks for my best years in a Steelband 1965-72.

• Cecil,

I only had 1965 and 1966 on the road pushing and playing, but it was the best. That is until I returned in 2005.

A close neighbour of mine in Barataria was the King in 1964 " Ceremony of the Red men" Aldwin Parker. that year all my school friends took the piss because the band played Sparrows Phosferine advert song on the road.

Those were the days.

Randi

• Randi, I experience "Shindig" with Starlift, I seriously  doubt that there was another Carnival Monday to match that. People, Music, Vibe, never again.

• Can't argue with that either. Starlift was Monday Mas self.
This reply was deleted.