When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Happy Birthday to the legendary Len “Boogsie” Sharpe - October 28

When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to panist, champion arranger and performing artist Len “Boogsie” Sharpe.

Views: 1478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Birthday Boogsie. I'll drink a toast of water today to your good health and many more birthdays to come.

Phase II Pan Groove - Pan Night and Day

The genius of Len Boogsie Sharpe was evident throughout this production. Boogsie played on almost every track on the album, on every instrument ranging from tenor pans to bass pans. The most lasting memory of all present at the Coral Sounds recording studio was that of Boogsie setting down a twelve (12) piece Bass Pan in a never before conceived configuration consisting of six floor drums from a nine bass set in the inner circle, and another six drums on the outer circle from a seven bass set. This was done to achieve the extra bass response and range and depth evident on this recording. This configuration was conceived on the spot in the recording studio, and Boogsie simply blew away by successfully executing every bass riff on every bass track on the album...from Phase ll Another Phase compact disc.

Len 'Boogsie' Sharpe - Lately (Live) performance with Skiffle Bunch.

Happy Birth Anniversary 20-19 tuh d Greatest Pan Player /Muzician / Arranger  EVAH ,  an Happy New Year 2 , Len "Boogsie " Sharpe . . . all d bes fuh dis , an Many mo Great Years ahead , Maestro . Keep Pan Risin , always . an  is Always Luv Bro :

Phase II - I Music

Steelband Panorama Finals 1984
Arranger/Composer : Len 'Boogsie' Sharpe

Dalton Narine
Revolutionary, period.

enjoy your special day " pan wizard"

Happy Birthday Boogsie .

God bless you and may you live to see many more years.  Say Hi to my buddy Carno for me see you next year

always Egbert and Joyce Rollins.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service