Highlanders Steel Orchestra gets security support

Sweet pan: The Highlanders Steel Orchestra are the proud recipients of the $50,000. cheque from The Massy Foundation.

In its bid to assist the youth and communities that are thriving to make a better life for themselves, The Massy Foundation has agreed to the donation of $50,000.00 toward the construction of a building, shed and security perimeter fence for the Highlanders Steel Orchestra located in Success Village, Laventille.

In presenting the cheque to Robert E. Hernandez, secretary of the steel orchestra, Gaston Aguilera, chairman of The Massy Foundation stated: “The foundation is very proud to be part of this great effort to bring stability and security to Highlanders Steel Orchestra.” He went on to state that “Your steelband which has become a vital part of the community serves as a beacon of hope for the youth in Beetham Gardens, Trou Macaque, Prizgar Lands and Success Village Leaventille. This therefore provides great synergy with the Massy Foundation which is geared to providing the relief of poverty, suffering and distress for persons in such communities.”

Hernandez thanked The Massy Foundation for its generosity in assisting the steel orchestra in this material way. “Our goal is to provide a safe and secure environment for our members, players and supporters and your donation convinces us of your unstinting support not only to art and culture but to the development of those individuals who at times feel a sense of hopelessness.”

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am Delighted to know that my Highlanders is back on track after so many years. Uncle Bertie must be smiling in Zion. Thanks and Praises to members and administrators.

Thank you Massy Trust more support will be provided by other entities.

Did the band return to Erica Street?

Best wishes for the future

• Best wishes for the future

• Big thank you to the Massy Foundation.

This reply was deleted.