Holman, Skiffle team-up for Panorama 2013

by Yvonne Webb

Trinidad Guardian

Junior Sammy Skiffle has joined forces with renowned steelpan arranger Ray Holman for Panorama 2013. Skiffle CEO Junia Regrello announced the partnership during the bands recent Independence concert at the Naparima Bowl. Holman, who attended the show, was introduced to the audience and given a rousing, San Fernando welcome. At the concert, held in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning as an Independence gift to the nation, Skiffle also honoured visionary businessman Robert Montano for the critical role he has played in shaping their band. The audience learnt that had it not been for Montano, now 91, the visionary behind the Point Lisas Industrial Estate and the Naparima Bowl, Skiffle and its previous incarnations might have been stillborn.

click for full story

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bout Time Ray will be a force to be reckon with having been laid up so long, I am sure his head is filled after years of hibernation,Ray please give us another Panwoman,my band,panyard vibrations, steelband paradise, we need a break from just lines, unattached from the song,

• Sweet, the pannist of all time, Trini is home Ray, sure hope I can make it to 2013 Panorama,

worth seeing and hearing the sounds of steel after so many years (live!) "Skiffle" has been

my favorite South band, so make it happen Ray, you can! :-)

• The will be a good union. Sweet Pan Skiffle Bunch with all those G- Pans and the Sweet Melodious Musical arrangements of '''Sugar Ray Holman.''Good Luck'''

• Best of luck Ray...you still have what it takes to win a panorama. The vineyard will be open once more to the sweet tastes of men such as you.

upload_btn.png
    • Ray will only win PANORAMA with Starlift

• Starlift good players are with phase 11 and other big bands. Starlift management made a big out in not keeping Ray Holman. Big arrangers fill the panyards with supporters and sweet music.

• Great for Ray to help shape Skiffle for '13.

They will do godd together.

All the best.

• Maybe they will keep him for more than two years.

• Skiffle is perhaps the most innovative of the major bands.  This collaboration with master Holman could be real trouble.

• Yes, now we will hear sweet pan in south. Also wish Andy Narell was arranging. Trinis badly need these two foreign top arrangers to bring out the sweetness of these steeldrums.Their own compositions are so musical and sweet very few other arrangers come close.Boogsie is the only one that got the same gift presently. Panorama 2013 off to a good start.

This reply was deleted.