How about we discuss some SPARROW CALYPSO and praise the CALYPSO KING OF THE WORLD while he could still log on to this forum and enjoy the accolades.

What's your favorite Sparrow Calypso or Couplet or Calypso Topic or Melody or Rhythm or Personal Experience or Whatever? 

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Two Thousand and 24 women, Sparrow alone is the man.  Last night ah had Mary Jane, night before it was Sweetie Lane. Sparrow alone an island but don't fret, everybody go get".  Don't remember the title but this calypso came out in the fifties and banned on the radio.  Anyone remember the title.  This was my favorite.

• Royal Jail by Sparrow

• Well ah didn't know Trini like to play soccer so

Lord ah didn't know Trinbagonian like soccer so

From the time dey hear T&T

Had ah chance to go ITALY

They come out ans start to GALLERY ...

Scarlet immortelle trees

Fluttering with the breeze

In a land of love and golden sunshine

As the grass is green 

So you are my queen

And I am longing so much to make you mine ...

• I like Jean and Dina( the 1st one).2nd Benwood Dick. ,3rd The child resemble your uncle Joe.    Charles Assevero( Born and raised in Belmont,P.O.S,  living in Plano, Texas.  78 years old.  He is the greatest Calypsoian( Kitchener too). Sparrow performed at a house party at Frisco's home in Brooklyn 1958?? I was a guest for that,      I was a member of Dixieland Steelband   19545, 55,56 under Curtis Pierre.   Regards.  I was part of the pioneering of Labor Day on the Parkway(others Carlos Lezamma,Carl Dehra Carobalo, Conrade Mauge).

• Charles: You are a dyed in the wool CULTURE MAN! 

• The Mighty Sparrow - The Village Ram

Can't beat the instrumentation...

• My favorite Sparrow Calypso is Children...Children today I find them amusing, but some people say they find them so confuding...etc). Very witty, great phrasing and excellent lyrics. Once I met him in Toronto where he sang at a show and told him this was my favorite and if he could sing it and at that time he said to me ...Boy de band would not know how to play dah tune...He is the Greatest.

• Mighty Sparrow - *Children Stories*

• Claudie you hear chune...

This reply was deleted.