... not to mention the ORGANIZATION that PRODUCED and HOSTED THE PANORAMA.

This is not a MICKEY MOUSE AFFAIR!!! The GOVERNMENT puts about $25,000,000 into the ANNUAL EVENT. And the event is seen as the GREATEST DISPLAY OF STEELBAND MUSIC IN THE WORLD.

And the emphasis there is on the word MUSIC!!!

Not to mention that THE PRIZES are in the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS -- topped off by a MILLION.

I am DEMANDING that either the PRESIDENT OF PAN TRINBAGO or a member from the PANEL OF JUDGES come on THIS FORUM or run to NEWSDAY (like Beverley likes to do) and either ISSUE A DEFENSE or just PROMISE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS to the JUDGING CRITERIA next year. And any DISCUSSIONS involving that change should include THE MUSIC EXPERT ALEXICA Lxc ADAMS because she was BOLD ENOUGH to TABLE THE ISSUE and STAND HER GROUND when CHALLENGED!!!

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PAN TRINBAGO is going TO REACT to THIS EVENT!!! And they WILL MAKE CHANGES!!!
    ALEXICA brought them to THEIR KNEES and THEY WILL MAKE CHANGES!!!
    GUARANTEED!!!
  • Why TRINIDADIANS choose to compare PANORAMA to THE SUPERBOWL and THE OLYMPICS and FIFA -- is BEYOND ME!!!
    But then again TRINIDADIANS think that TRINIDAD is THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE -- we cannot even put a LOCAL PAN MAN on the WORLD STAGE like ANDY and JONATHAN and VICTOR ... BUT WE BIG SO!!!
  • Mighty Chalkdust - Shortcut Society

• PAN TRINBAGO has NO OTHER CHOICE NOW but to ADDRESS THIS ISSUE -- AND THEY WILL!!!

But I UNDERSTAND how BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE does work she TRUMPIAN POLITICS ... she will STAKE a CLAIM that the CHANGES in 2021 came from HER GLOBAL TRANSFORMATION of PAN TRINBAGO and PANORAMA MUSIC and try to SELL IT to the PAN SHEEP that this is a REVOLUTIONARY STEP that she CONCEIVED.

But the BOTTOM LINE is that ALEXICA Lxc ADAMS started a REVOLUTION IN PANORAMA JUDGING -- quite innocently ... and she should be RESPECTED and APPLAUDED for it.

And EVERYBODY should be PRAISING WHEN STEEL TALKS for PROVIDING A PLATFORM for GLOBAL DISCUSSION ON PAN!!

(And ah have to TELL ALLHYUH that even the LITTLE TRIVIAL SITE played a GERMINATING ROLE in THIS REVOLUTION.)

Sometimes I does get TIE UP in the WRONG ISSUES and ah does have to TAKE MEH LICKS -- but just as MERRYTONESTOTHEBONE has his PET PEEVE with THE CRACKSHOTS ... I only have about three issues (PET PEEVES) that I STAY ON NIGHT AND DAY -- ON THIS FORUM!!!

I am about calling for GLOBALIZING PAN MUSIC!!!

I am about TRINIDAD PRODUCING A GLOBAL PAN AMBASSADOR!!!

And I am about LISTENING  to  PANORAMA ARRANGEMENTS where the PAN PLAYERS PLAY THE CALYPSO IN CALYPSO -- and not in CENTURIES OLD EUROPEAN STYLE.

If ALEXICA Lxc ADAMS have FOUR CHIPS on she SHOULDERS -- I HAVE THREE!!!

And, by the way, allyuh bothering me with this PAN TING TONIGHT -- because if BIDEN WIN ... I moving to GUYANA ... but only if the PPP WIN.

TALK ABOUT A HARD LIFE!!!

• This is why I find this comment soo humorous. Never knew ETHICAL behavior was an integral part of Panorama administration.  I do know about CHARACTER ETHICS. In a society where it's HARD to follow RULES.

3998401677?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Nothing wrong with having some transparency....or even the appearance of transparency and accountability.

Even better....a post mortem examining what happened, wha could be improved, and suggestions for improvement is entirely appropriate and should be an exercise that is conducted annually.

But when it come to Panorama judging, is not like yuh could call een Hawkeye and ask for Video Review.  Judging Panorama is a subjective endeavour.

As a comparison, do Olympic figure skating or gymnastics judges publicly defend the integrity of their adjudication when some people doh like the results?  Are they mandated to do so?

• So Claude

You want the National Association of Panorama Adjudicators to make an official statement. One problem I don't think the organization exist.

bugs

• Claude my Brother, there is no solution for the judging situation because it is done by human/man.. I doubt you'll find an explanation from anybody.

• What INTEGRITY you talking about...like you is me or what?...One of our recently very vocal and even more focal posters admitted some time ago that and adjudicator praised the fact that people were competing for more than one band in Panorama when the Pan Trinbago issued a public statement that no one would be allowed to do it. You really feel that Pan Trinbago have the time to spend to repair their much damaged Panorama competition?

On Saturday last at their Carnival Laigniappe show, which once upon a time showcased only winners of the recently concluded carnival competitions, the 2nd placed Panorama band performed. The International Affairs Officer and Secretary of Pan Trinbago are prominent members of that band...And you talking about INTEGRITY?...They ent even try to make the thing at least "look good"...One couldn't ask for a better example of NEPOTISM!!...

One would have imagined that after the demoting the former Vee Pee for skullduggery that Pan Trinbago had turned a corner...not so atall...like dey reverse back...

This reply was deleted.