The event was FULLY FUNDED by THE PNM (money eh NO PROBLEM) so why couldn't they hire some competent administrative assistants to alert the BIG BOSSES that the ENTRIES were NOT COMING IN INTERNATIONAL. 

Allyuh really think that I am NOT IN SUPPORT of THIS SHOW -- I live my CULTURAL LIFE for THIS MOMENT. Look, I don't release PRIVATE INFORMATION (just as a GENERAL RULE) -- but ah breaking my own rules TONIGHT

Weeks ago I sent an email to EXODUS telling them that as the entries come in to send them to me with some biographical information and I will post a little background information on each ENTRANT on THIS FORUM. Of course I knew that they are TOO GUARDED (I KNOW HOW STEELBANDS OPERATE) to let any VOICE from the outside into the camp -- but I am into the GLOBAL PAN TING for a PENNY and  POUND ... so I will PLAY MY HAND ... win or lose!!!.

Now I know how ISLAND-MINDED they are and they are thinking that I am upset because they BLANKED ME. However, as much as they look at YANKEE TV down there they should know that BACKGROUND INFORMATION is always given on each performer to connect emotionally with the audience. I also know that in their arrogance DEY EH EACH THERE YET.

But my point is that had they opened that door just a little -- I would have told them that they had to find a way to include EUROPE and CANADA and ENGLAND and GRENADA (even AUSTRALIA) -- and they would have had the time to fix it without the "Wait til next year" stupidness!!!

The least they could do now is follow my advice on the 40+ TRINIDAD ENTRANTS and profile them for the "WORLD" (sending the profiles to media sources WORLDWIDE and to WHEN STEEL TALKS) so that when the show starts the GLOBAL AUDIENCE could have some sort of awareness of the musician behind the music.

DEM YANKEE-TRINI PLAYERS that I PUT UP TODAY have ONE HUNDRED TIMES better odds going GLOBAL than the 40+ LOCAL MENTALITY PLAYERS who are going to end up WINNING THIS COMPETITION.

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN --ESPECIALLY with BUGS and MTTB and RP defending them when the ERR INTERNATIONALLY.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Mr. Gonzales

I do agree with you that not securing the missing countries was a missed opportunity. I was under the impression that you had this covered.

In the year of free concussions - I am so sorry to hear that they blanked you.  But I am not surprised and I know you are not surprised. Look at When Steel Talks, they do everything by themselves and by example with absolutely no help and many times no cooperation from those they are trying to help. I know, I've asked them.

So it is your fault.  You will have find another way to get the job done. The professionalism, experience and vision is in you. There is some saying about animals and water - and trying to make them drink.

I'm suffering from my own concussion - so many demonstrations all over the world this weekend. Trying to make sense of it all. 

bugs

• Who tell you I supporting the people show?...You see my name on the list of contestants?...I have my views on the competition, but I prefer to keep them to myself...No more comments from me on any Pan competition...

• Merrytones you have to help Claude out. They won't blank you. You are a respectable fella. How will we know what the accomplishments of contestants are? 

bugs

• Claude doh want nobody help...He just like bacchanal...Let him make it all by himself...I not getting involved in dat...

This reply was deleted.