Replies

• Pan Trinbago should have selected the top six bands with the best winning records in the history of panorama to represent T+t. Hard to imagine Desperadoes and their 10 wins sitting on the sidelines, unable to defend their status and Robbie G. presiding over this travesty as a judge. This to me is another example of impulsive, and negative planning by the leadership.. Despers should be an automatic selection.
  • HI Duvone I love that quote 'LETS MAKE IT A MISSION NOT A COMPETITION' well said,God Bless my brother

• Reality check here, you are trying to put the head of Pan Trinbago in the role of a CEO of a company.
      One runs a cultural organization and tries to act like a CEO. A CEO is hired by a board of directors and is required to perform a job specific to a list of goals and objectives that’s reflective of the corporation’s mission.

Time to translate words into action; my question is what the Mission of Pan Trinbago in the age of the Digital revolution?

• Hm!!! My only comment is, I hope all and sundry realize that we are speaking "international" level which takes us to the highest level of professionalism, accountability, competency, and transparency in all that is to be respectively executed.

• The operative work as used by Merrytones is to "STRIVE" for this level, unfortunately, we don't have anyone in the present leadership of PanTrinbago to exhibit those qualities. Leading by example.

• odw, we have Leaders but no Leadership.

• To some the definition of a Leader can mean different things to different people. Basically as a parent, father or mother, you are the head of your household and raising your kids, you are kind of, in a leadership role. In a gang, group or business organization you hold some responsibility in how things are done, you are in a leadership role.

An organization that's called World Governing Body, you would be required to have men and women who serve and understand their roles and responsibilities in running that organization and promoting its vision. 

I am very interested in the outcome from the conference, Call for Papers. A major objective of the Conference is the establishment of a Center of Authority of the Steelpan in Trinidad and Tobago. http://www.icptt.com/call-for-papers/ 

One of the most important issue in this up coming competition is being discussed here has to do with panorama judging. What I found in this call-for-papers under Sub-theme 5: Performance, there was nothing specific on the issue of Panorama judging.  

Looks like we'll have to cut and paste the recommendations posted here and submit them for consideration.

• odw, another important factor is, anyhow we look at it the leaders of PanTrinbago is there by pure gangsterism, this has to be of some significance, having any discussion with them is condoning their actions.

• Then the membership have to take action, its their organization, I don't believe they are that short-sighted, without them there's no PanTrinbago. Elect leaders who represent your interest and promote pans development.

As members they have the power to use their vote for change. It's their individual RIGHT. You must be willing to outgrow what no longer fits.

• odw, waste of time with the membership. Steelbands over conform, they doh know how to fight anymore, such a sad state.

This reply was deleted.