Replies

• From the Desk of Yvette Rennie, Vice-President of J’Ouvert City International, Inc. – May 3rd 2010.
    J’Ouvert City International, Inc., Steelband, Rhythm and Mas organizations express condolences to the family of a musical pioneer Jeffrey “Sighting” Antoine. As a renowned panist he was known for the sweet steelpan sounds in the Subways of New York City. Whether he was at Penn Station, Grand Central, Nevins, Fulton, Atlantic Avenue or Franklyn Avenue subways stations (these are the ones that I knew, there maybe more) there was always a crowd listening to him and admiring the manner in which he played the Steelpan Instrument. Jeffrey represented Trinidad & Tobago in a dignified manner always well dressed and polite. His presence in the subway helped to introduce the steelpan instrument to many who had never seen or heard a steelpan instrument. The part of his venture I respected the most was he took time from playing to educate people on the history of the steelpan and how it was being played. In reality he was a traveling classroom in the subway, lecturing on “Introduction to Steelpan Instrument 101” the theory and practical. Jeffrey “Sighting” Antoine, thank you for a job well done, you went beyond the call of duty, we each have a job to do on this earth, you did yours well with pride and joy for this we the community say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, you have gone to meet the others in heaven.
  • My condolences to his family, the steel pan fraternity has lost a great enthusiast
  • Sighting you will be miss dearly,R.I.P gone but not forgetton
  • R.I.P We will miss hearing you in the subway, i always remember hearing him on my way to work at Franklin Ave.
    Always classy and friendly.
  • a true blessing in the communityy
  • Jeffery We will surely miss you, We both played in Starlift as kids, and was a friend indeed.

Ian Bess
  • All the Brooklyn Warriors are falling by the wayside. Peace and Love to the Family and to Sighting, Thanks for the music and culture.
    • RIP Jeffrey Pan.
      • may u rest in perfect peace Jeffrey
  • From my family and I condolences to the family and friends of Jeffrey on this very sad occasion he was indeed a kindhearted, thoughtful, and tallented individual. and as a former Phase 11 player we had a special connection, every time he visited he would seek my opinion on pan issues he even presented me with a signed copy of his latest C.D.
    MAY THE MOST HIGH GOD BLESS HIS SOUL

FROM HIS FRIEND IN PAN
    STRETCH
This reply was deleted.