When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Junior Pouchet founder of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra.

Related content:
Steelband Pioneer & Arranger Junior Pouchet Remembered: Eulogy

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How many have passed in the last couple of years? How much have we learned from them or at least recorded for future generations? Safe trip Juniour Pouchet.

• Dr Copeland,

Juniors brother Edwin has died also.

• I wish to offer my sincere thanks to WST on posting the audio recordings of some of Silver Stars musical pieces from the 60's. That pan music certainly smacked of nostalgia and brought back wonderful memories of growing up in Trinidad, where we were all 'Trinis' regardless of ethnic origin,political persuasion or religious conviction. It was truly a melting pot of a multicultural society. The recorded pan music serves to perpetuate the history and culture of this indigenous art form to posterity, and gives testimony to the talent and genius of all the steelband pioneers.

What I would like to see more of, is the bestowal of honours and accolades on all the living pan legends. Let's not defer such action in time of death, but, rather give acknowledgment of their contributions while they are alive.

• Apart from Junior wonderful music there are one other thing that I will always remember and that is his smile,Junior always had that smile on his face.

My Condolences to Mr Pouchet's family and Silver Stars.RIP my Friend 

• let me extend deepest sympathy to the Immediate family and to the entire steelband community of T&T especially the Silver Stars Steel Orchestra, From your friends at melodic symphony steel orch. in Grenada.

R.I.P Junior Pouchet. 

• In light of the recent passing of Edgar Pouchet Jr., founder, skillful arranger and former bandleader extraordinaire of the Silver Stars Steel Orchestra, I would like to suggest that a fitting tribute be made to honour his legacy by making available on this website, some of his notable contributions in pan music. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could upload the audio recordings of " Elizabethan Serenade, Salut d'Amour and Lara's Theme." The rendition of these musical pieces truly defined the signature style of music that Silver Stars was noted for, namely "dance-oriented music."

Edgar Pouchet Jr.'s invaluable and much admired contribution and ambassadorship in the promotion and preservation of pan music will be indelibly stamped on the minds of all pan lovers.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Pouchet family at this time.

• From Power Stars Steel Orchestra

On behalf of the management of Power Stars Steel Orchestra and by extension the St. James/Fort George community, please allow me to express our deepest regrets for the Pouchet family's beloved loss. I had the opportunity to interact with   the "MAESTRO" quite a few times through Mr. Hugh Borde of Tripoli. His demeanour was always cordial, professional and showing a general sense of concern in all pan folk, particularly those like Power Stars that lost their way, in assisting to getting us back on track. 
    May the bereaved's family and members of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra, find comfort and solace in the great work which he did to allow orchestras like ours to make it. To the triumphant strains of this global cultural icon, onward to Vallaha, may Junior's soul eternally rest in peace.
  • Condolences to the Pouchet family, Jr gone but can't be forgotten for his musical arrangements through the years.

Especially 1979 arrangement of "The SPIRIT" FOR TRINTOC INVADERS.

THAT YEAR WE HAD NO PANORAMA!

May you rest in Peace.

•  to a hero of  many and a great  soul- we will meet again

i guess he like so many will be honoured after death by our leaders

rip

u can  just imagine the great arrangers- pat - clive and jr looking down

peace

This reply was deleted.