When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Junior Pouchet of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra has passed

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Junior Pouchet founder of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra.

Related content:
Steelband Pioneer & Arranger Junior Pouchet Remembered: Eulogy

Views: 2294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The PCS Nitrogen Silver Stars family is indebted to our founder Edgar 'Junior' Pouchet for the legacy that he has left for us.  Gifted musician, talented steelband man, fine friend.  We are happy to have had the opportunity to pay tribute to him at our 60th anniversary celebrations in 2008.  He will be with us forever.  May his soul rest in peace.

Jean Campbell

Public Relations Officer

PCS Nitrogen Silver Stars Steel Orchestra

My sincere condolences to the Pouchet family,God Bless.Junior Pouchet and the Silver Stars is still the only Steelband to win a band of the year. Title...

."Gulliver's Travel in 1963.

Condolences to the Pouchet family, and to the members and supporters of Silver Stars Steel Orchestra, on your sad and sudden loss. 

I have never meet the man but people who no him used to tell me stories about his music plus as a steel pan player i used to listen to Silver Stars on the radio in trinidad as a young boy  if ever we was to write the history about pan in trinidad it will not be true with out the mention of this pan soldier to his family and freinds RIP Junior

My sincerest condolences to the Pouchet family and Silver Stars. RIP Junior!

Sincere Condolences to the Pouchet family, from the members of the Barbados All Stars Steel Orchestra.

(we love his music).

A giant has left the yard.  Farewell and Godspeed, my brother.

We have lost a true pioneer. Silver Stars' resurgence is a testimony to the foundation that you laid.That music you so lovingly laid down never really died and the cream rose to the top.I'm celebrating this mans life right now by listening to 'Ghost Riders'

p.

As a member of the Katzenjammers steel orch. I wish to extend condolences to our arranger his family on the passing of his brother. May he rest in peace.

Condolences to Edwin and family...Oh, how well I remember Junior and his band of merry panmen from the 60's.....you had to be there to really appreciate the Silver Stars in those days.

My Condolences to  Mr Pochet, I remember him in 1971 doing "Raindrops keep falling on my head, Bridge over troubled waters....

My condolences to the pouchet family on the passing of Mr Junior Pouchet, he was a great arranger, I played on the road with Silver Stars one year, their Bomb tune was  "Tannhauser" by Richard Wagner.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service