Replies

• My deepest sympathy is expressed to his family and the pan community
  • The Pan Community has lost a devoted friend who was committed to the culture. R.I.P.
  • My deepest condolences  to the family and friends of Keith Smith, may he rest in peace.
  • My condolences to  the family and friends of Keith Smith ...R.I.P. Big Man.
  • Most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Keith Smith.  May it comfort them to know others share in their sorrow.....May he RIP
  • R.I.P my brother Keith Smith. Jah Blessings to your family in this time of grief.
  • My Condolences to Keith's family, I grew up in Laventille with Keith, he was a regular fixture by the play-ground for football. The last time I saw him was at my brother's funeral in 2008, Keith was a very good man and  very good son of Success Viliage. Rest In Peace!

• Bon Voyage Keith ... we never met in life but I have always admired your crystal clear observations, your subtle wit and, above, your unquestionable love for country and for pan. Condolences to your family

Brian Copeland and the Steelpan Initiatives Project Team

• I never knew him, but I mourn his passing almost as though I did.

His was a largeness of spirit that could be felt by anyone reading his prose, which was as heavy as the man himself, yet as light and elusive as a thought that defies articulation. With some writers you don't want to know what those elusive thoughts might be, but with Keith the space created by his prose always seemed a welcoming one, worth exploring. I shall miss him. 

May YHWH forget all his sins, smile upon him, and keep his name written in the book of life. At his ample best he certainly deserves to be there.

My condolences go out to his family.

- Big Sid

• Farewell to Keith! He has left us with very much of his love and dedication to community, country and profession. Let's us try to continue with his legacy.
This reply was deleted.