LABOR DAY J’OUVERT RESULTS – MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1st 2014

J'Ouvert City International,Inc.(JCI)

Board of Directors:  Danville Williamson-President, Yvette Rennie-Vice-President, Cynthia Green-PRO/Interim Treasurer

“Respect”   to all Steelband Leaders, Panists, Masband Leaders, Mas Designers, Masqueraders, Researchers, Judges, Security, Volunteers, Media, United States Steelband Association, Basement Recording, Spectators, Onez Cleaners, Bench Warmers Rhythm Section and special thanks to the Police Officers especially 67th South Precinct.

J’Ouvert City International, Inc. Executive Board takes this opportunity to thank all who helped to make this year’s theatre of the streets “J’Ouvert” an awesome event.    ~~~~THANK YOU THANK YOU~~~~

From Yvette Rennie,  I encourage each and every one of you to attend your Community Board Meetings – At these meetings you can express your selves – challenge the decisions that are being made in your community which have direct effects on our Carnival such as; your Pan Yards, Mascamps and fundraisers.   

I am also calling on you to join these 3 organizations;

J’Ouvert City International, United States Steelband Association and West Indian American Day Carnival Association

• in the fight to prevent the RE-ZONING of Empire Blvd which will interrupt our J’Ouvert celebration
  • and  to have an INPUT in the rebuilding of the Armory on Bedford Avenue.

LABOR DAYJ’OUVERT – MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1st 2104

Steelband Orchestras:

ADLIB, Cross Fire, Despers, D’Radoes, Hearts of Steel, Legend Stars, Metro Steel,

Sonatas, Utopia, Boston Metro, Philly Pan Stars, Steel X Plosion, Tropical Pan Vibes and Pan Liberty

STEELBAND BOMB

Placed

Steelbands

Tune Played

1st

Boston Metro

Lady

2nd 

Pan Liberty

It’s A Bright  Sunshiny Day

3rd

Philly Pan Stars

I Can’t Stop Loving You

STEELBAND CALYPSO

Placed

Steelbands

Tune Played

1st

Boston Metro

Happy Man A Live

2nd

Philly Pan Stars

Oh Oh La La

3rd

Despers, USA

Bonnie & Clyde

Rhythm Bands:

Trinbago Massive, Natural Expression, Pagwah, Kutters, Rhythm Masters,

Spice Isle Rhythm, Five Star Rhythm Section, Ram Ram New York

Placed

Rhythm Bands

Tune Played

1st

Pagwah

2nd  

Kutters

3rd

Natural Expression

Board of Directors:  Danville Williamson-President, Yvette Rennie-Vice-President, Cynthia Green-PRO/Interim Treasurer

LABOR DAY J’OUVERT– MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1st 2014

Masquerade Bands:

Wendell & Associates, Pagwah, Tankalanka, Micheal “Wacko” Jack, John John

Roy Pierre & Associates, Legend Stars, Green House Jab Jab,

Oildowners, No Sleeping, President Street Posse, Hearts of Steel, New York Jab Jab,

Dirty Dreamz, Cottage Crew, Djarara, Kutters Mas, Lincoln Road J’ouvert, We Carnival

FANCY OLD MAS

Placed

Masbands

Portrayal

1st

Pagwah

The Wedding

2nd

Wendell & Associates

Indian Tribe

3rd

John John & Friends

Red Light District

3rd

Tankalanka

Come Le We Ti Te Vay

TRADITIONAL OLE MAS

Placed

Masbands

Portrayals

1ST

No Sleeping

Mardi Gras

2nd

Oildowners

Showing Your True Colors

3rd

Dirty Dreamz

Haunted

3rd

Kutters

Fusion of Colors

INDIVIDUALS             

MALE & FEMALE

Placed

Individuals

Portrayals

MALE

1st

Micheal Jack

Bishop of Brooklyn

FEMALE

1st 

Susan Leung Yuen

Oh Yah Yoh Cocoya

watchJ'Ouvert Video

When you see a group of young people don’t see the way they are but the way they can be ...Malcolm X…

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• congrats to boston metro cleaning up all contest a well deserved victory keep up the good works

• Dan, what ever happened to Brain and Hazel? Did they drop out of the organization?  Curly!

• Congratulations Dan (Ju Ju).  See  u  soon. aka: Curly.

• Boston Metro, my band, winning at j'ouvert.  Congrats to all my friends!

• ......I had a wonderful time, Marshals are needed to close the gap bet. bands, not the police job....Congratulations to the Organizers !!!!!!

• Congratulations to Boston Metro for winning the Steelband Bomb and the Steelband Calypso on Labor Day J'ouvert 2014

This reply was deleted.