Lack of Smart Judges:

IT IS TIME PANTRINBAGO INCLUDE FOREIGN MUSICIANS IN THE PANORAMA FINALS. AS THEY HAVE DONE IN THE MUSIC FESTIVALS. THIS WILL ELIMINATE JUDGES WHO HAVE THEIR OWN HOME TOWN BANDS AND ARRANGERS

They should stop throwing out the high and low scores and add everything together.

They have audio deficiencies in  their musical analysis of what is good music.  desperadoes music of Hammer Time is a musical  GEM and they by passed this for Jam.

Musician

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have listened carefully to all the banter and must say it is interesting.....I did my own judging on final night and happily I can tell you that, as far as I was concerned, Phase11 won the panorama, Despers tied for 2nd with Skiffle, with Exodus in 4th place. The mighty All Stars was not judged by me on their kinetic ability...I judged them on their music and to me they came in at 7th place.....I advise all the pan people out there to give it a week or more, then listen again and form your own conclusions.....At my second listening of the show one week later I have been unable to change my results.....so, move over Mr. Bias, and let Mr. Real-thinker take over. The results you feel will forever be yours....Cherish YOUR results.

• People will always find that the judges did not come up with the right result, unless it is the result they came up with.You have had that in 1963 to 2013 ( 50 years later) and it will go on right up to 2063 and beyond after another 50 years,so I suggest people  just read the comments (or delete) and move on. Discussion about north or south band or what town people or south people say is adding no value to this forum.Judging has always been and always will be an opinion so differences will always be present.I saw for example three score sheets for a band in the small band category,where two judges gave 10 out of 10 for tone and commented nice sounding pans excellent tonal quality and the third judge gave 6 and said the pans needed tuning.

• Allyuh  Diaz know already the only bands from over seas showin up for the World Panorama is the bands from Tobago.

• Oswald,can you really see a world panorama happening? I see it as talk and will stand corrected if proven wrong. Panorama bands overseas are usually smaller than our small band category and will have a numbers problem,also instrument problems as they will want to use their own pans and not pan from here and for many valid reasons. What about racks for panorama.Nowadays some local bands borrow racks from others and for foreign to travel with their needs,plus accommodation, the candle will cost more than the funeral.

• Gerard....yuh making so much cents sense.....yuh post looking like hundred dollar bills......I thought about the same issues and the logistics sound frightening.....Pans,players,racks to be housed...that alone is a nightmare.

Gerard that eh no candle....yuh talking about the lights of L.A.

• Gerard you know that is ALL MAMAGUY ... no even worth a discussion.

• I think it takes a little more than ones ability to read music to be a panorama judge. Having said that I won't have a problem if one year they choose a panel of judges from all over the world and see what happens.

• Cecil......it goes beyond how good the written music is read.....it's more of a spiritual connection to the music that takes you on that unforgettable ride,

We have to remember the judges only have the musical score of the original tune,which may be a "good tune" but it may not necessarily lend that vibes to the Trini environment

Cecil,I eh sure I said what I wanted to say,because that vibes hard to put into words

The World's Panorama should be interesting,I wonder if some of the International bands would come with their own tunes,born out of their own environment..

Differentology.....the essence of the Trini vibes.

• Oswald Alexander, I like and totally agree with your very last sentence, Kitch ah missing you bad boy.......

• Peter Bruno:

Back to you on the hill movement. A year is 12 months or 365/366 days and Desperadoes only spends about a month to two months on the Cadiz Road. The main reason is because of the fear of their outside fans coming up the hill and for easy access to the savannah and cost constraints. The next ten months they are in their Pan Yard practicing as usual.  You should also take note they are the only large band that is located above Port of Spain and in years gone by before and after every panorama they had to hire trucks and members to move the pans until some Desperadoes members had a truck company that moved them. This was mostly with Rudolph and the older and dedicated Desperadoes member. In this generation the youth are now stars and they hardly want to move pans. But, they are still on the hill ten months of the year.

Musician

This reply was deleted.