Lack of transparency - Pan in Pain

Au­dit of steel­band body ex­pos­es glar­ing non-com­pli­ance

Lead Ed­i­tor In­ves­tiga­tive Desk

Part 1

Fi­nan­cial mis­man­age­ment, an abysmal fi­nan­cial per­for­mance, mis­ap­pro­pri­a­tion of funds, fi­nan­cial ir­reg­u­lar­i­ties, and glar­ing non-com­pli­ance were un­cov­ered in an Ernst and Young (EY) au­dit re­port con­duct­ed by Ernst and Young (EY) on Pan Trin­ba­go’s op­er­a­tions over five years.

The “pri­vate and con­fi­den­tial” re­port was hand­ed over to the Min­istry of Com­mu­ni­ty De­vel­op­ment and the Arts in April 2018 and has been hid­den in plain sight on the Par­lia­ment web­site for al­most a year. It came up for dis­cus­sion at Pan Trin­ba­go’s An­nu­al Gen­er­al Meet­ing on No­vem­ber 3 but ac­cord­ing to sev­er­al mem­bers, but was shot down by pres­i­dent Bev­er­ly Ram­sey-Moore. How­ev­er, she has de­nied that claim.

The au­dit paints a gloomy pic­ture about Pan Trin­ba­go’s fi­nan­cial ac­tiv­i­ties dur­ing the five years, while ex­ter­nal au­di­tors Pan­el Kerr Fos­ter (PKF) said there was “sig­nif­i­cant doubt on the as­so­ci­a­tion’s abil­i­ty to con­tin­ue as a go­ing con­cern.”

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THANKS FOR THE INFOMATION, BUT THE LEAD IN WILL TEND TO CAST FORCAST THIS PRESENT ADMINISTRATION. JUST SAYING 

This reply was deleted.