When Steel Talks extends our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Martin Douglas. He was the president of New York's CrossFire Steel Orchestra. In addition he was chairman of the United States Steelband Association.

Pan was Dougie's passion. You will be missed. When Steel Talks already misses the joy on your face every time you received your CrossFire panyard recordings from Basement.

Watch WST interview with Martin Douglas

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gone but not forgotten bro.There were d dys by St James Cross Fire,the original band,learning 2 dance Fireman with "Horse " & d other guys;playing football(soccer) on d Poor House grounds,joining Blue Stars,now Power Stars,playing 4 Fatima College in d Colleges football league;liming with Esmond King,Wadix & Apple on Ranjit Kumar St,talking with Drapers ,& Morgan ,getting d okay 2 start Cross Fire in N Y C;bringing yths to T&T 2 play with Phase 2 & Skiffle, 2 experience pan in its birth place.U will b missed.

• Best colts defense Dougie,Bertie and Willie. RIP  stopper.

• rip brother

past pupil of fatima 

condolences to the family

• My condolences to the family and friends.

SIP Dougie.

• The Crossfire family of so many generations of players send eternal Love to the Douglas family. Our hearts are broken. He is our forever friend, but Dougie's core essence will live on.

• Rest In Peace, Dougie.

• My deepest condolences to the family of Dougie.

SIP Dougie

• My condolences to the Douglas family.

May you rest in God's peace brother.

This reply was deleted.