Meet Anthony Williams - Master Steelpan Innovator and Leader -
Up close!
An exclusive When Steel Talks interview with Anthony “Tony” Williams

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - In this fascinating exclusive When Steel Talks interview - the legendary steelpan innovator and leader of Pan Am North Stars, in his own voice, takes us on his own personal journey with the steelpan instrument - with facts, dates, places, influences, names and even in song - as he declares he will “set the record straight as there is a lot of falsification as it relates to him in the papers.” Even now, many years later, the genius and brilliance of Anthony Williams shine through. His attention to detail and incredible memory is amazing. Listen to him tell us how and why in his own voice - his humor, his wit, his intellect, his exceptional musical knowledge and description of his scientific approach to problem solving. As he explains you realize his marriage of astrology, philosophy, numerology, math and science put him in unique group of thinkers and innovators.

learn more about Anthony Williams

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hammer on Steel: Bad Boys & Genius

• Pan Am North Stars - Hold On to Your Man & Mama Dis Is Mas

• Leslie! Joseph and Godrick Haynes were in North Stars with you.  Donde esta?

• The MAN/SKIP I call him as his "Protege", meaning Anthony Williams, is also and INVENTOR, where an inventor is someone who  derive's something for the very first time, something that is and was not here before, so please, know what you are doing/implying/saying, I'm very touchy about his work, as I was there with him most, 3/4 of the way....

• JJJ: How is the BOOK coming and all those court cases?

• Mi Amigo, the book is done and is about to be printed in Canada, i'm just working on the ISBN #, we already won our case when they Copeland et al failed to filed a defense on time where they tried to play politics with me /us SNSE, u see they didn't know that I study corporate law in C.P.C.C Central Piedmont Community College in North Carolina, 1982 when I was doing my masters, so when there Judge Ronnie Boodoosing ask me how could I file a claim like this with out an attorney I laugh in his face that was when he told/threatened me to with the claim, or he will dismiss it to day, i knew they/ he had no jurisdiction over the claim anymore, when the failed to filed a defense like i said before, especially when they file Form 3 A, an application to pay by installment because they cannot afford to pay the whole amount in one lumpsom, a clear definition of guilt, after been warned by the court procedure a rule of law, so they think that they're above the law, they think "PAN MEN/WOMEN are dumb, so let's see what they do when they get indicted and extradited to the U.S. for criminal conspiracy and money laundering of the/our technological U.S. Copyright Act of the Circle of 4th s & 5th s technology they patented in the U.S. 2010, just stay in touch "mi amigo" i'm just watching y'all...

• Come on Pan Trinbago.  Listen to Mr. Kenneth Clarke.  Take up his suggestion and place this icon before the nation, especially the young ones who seem to know little about greats like Anthony Williams.

Ron Bartolo

• A Doctor Anthony Williams? This is not a priority for PT...this type of abandonment and disrespect is deeply embedded in our cultural identity.

What does it take to name a school after this great man, a stamp in his name or UWI to name its school for Pan Tuners after him, what about a scholarship in his name for those students who want to pursue studies in Pan development?

The GOTT should be able to do something that's meaningful to inspire our youths who want to believe there's a future in PAN.

• Well said, odW ... why not an Anthony Willams BOULEVARD, OR AVENUE, OR HIGHWAY, OR EVEN TERRACE?

• Pioneer Tuner Anthony Williams to receive an Honorary Doctor of Letters Degree from the University of the West Indies

Posted by Brian Copeland on September 4, 2016 at 12:23pmhttps://whensteeltalks.ning.com/profiles/blogs/pioneer-tuner-anthon...

This reply was deleted.