Illinois, USA - In 1964 twenty-two members of the Trinidad and Tobago National Steelband toured the United States and created steelpan music history. Among the virtual who’s who of outstanding panists who were picked for the tour was noted NIU (Northern Illinois University) tuner, steelpan instrument builder and program director Clifford Alexis. In this exclusive interview with When Steel Talks - Clifford Alexis shares his thoughts and memories on this historic undertaking, the 1964 Trinidad and Tobago National Steelband and more.

click for full interview

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well Done My Beloved Cousin Cliff. It's Great that the World is getting to know of Your a Devoted Contributions to Our Pan Culture. Keep up the Good Work and continue to Make us all Proud.
  • I hope that Mr Alexis and others like him will not be strangers to this FORUM, so many could benefit from their life experiences.

This Forum could become the worlds biggest melting pot for the pan if it is put to proper use, This is an opportunity for all to "Do Something For Pan" every member has a voice.

• I was blessed to have had a phone conversation recently with Mr Alexis and cannot help feeling in awe of what he has done and is still doing for pan. 

I would like to thank Mr Alexis for his contribution to the art form and pray that he will have many days to enjoy the fruit of his labor.

• always good to hear "History of Pan"

This reply was deleted.