On Saturday 27th October 2012, Merle Albino DeCoteau, was inducted to the Hall of Fame of the Sunshine Awards in Manhattan New York for her remarkable contribution to culture over the years. Apparently Merle Albino DeCoteau is the first female to be afforded this prestigious Award. It was indeed a beautiful evening. In the picture presenting the Award is Dr. Howard Robertson.

Congratulations Merle.

Martin Albino

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations to Mrs. Albino De Coteau. Thanks for your teachings, inspiration and contributions to the Pan Culture

Blessings Ase ase

kenneth Clarke 

•  

Thank you all for your kind sentiments. It is always a pleasure to know that " We music lovers" can    appreciate each other's work. Culture really is a unifying factor. May I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the Christmas Season and God's richest blessings for the New Year.

• Mrs Albino DeCoteau, you and your brothers have certainly blessed us with your "gift" for this we say thanks.
  • Real nice..Congrats..

• Congratulations Mrs. Merle Albino-DeCoteau. On behalf of Desperadoes and Despers USA Steel Orchestras.

•      Congratulations Merle on your recent well deserved award. God speed, Rose

• Congratulations Mrs Merle Albino deCoteau!!!   Well done and well deserved ... your hard work is truly being appreciated and most of all, you are so willing and happy to pass on your knowledge in educating both young and not so young, not to mention the disciplined manner in which this is being passed on to the youth of our nation, which is so well needed in today's world.  Keep on with your good work. Perhaps the future will behold some of your students following in your footsteps at Sunshine Awards or other esteemed international award ceremonies.

•   Thank you all at When Steel Talks for this forum where Pan Lovers are made aware of happenings all over the globe.

What a magnificent job!

To members of my family, friends, students and well -wishers I say "Thank you all for your love and continued support".

Mr. Robert Diaz, I must add that I  belong to the Albino family with brothers Aldwin and  Martin and sister Lucille Albino.

• I'd also like to congratulate you, Mrs Albino-De Coteau.

And you do belong to a most distinguished Trinidadian musical family.

I've never met any of you, but yours is a family name that I've known since childhood, associated with our culture.

Thank you for you and your family's contributions to our culture.

•  Mr. Glenroy R. Joseph, I have always read your comments on this site and realize that you are a lover of our culture. I really appreciate your comment, particularly as you never met me but your openness is most admirable.

Thanks. 

This reply was deleted.