KEITH ANDERSON

TRINIDAD GUARDIAN

October 19, 2019

"There are two ma­jor changes agreed to by the mem­ber­ship.

1: Bands will be judged on the song they se­lect. They can­not change vers­es in (songs) mid-stream; which means that there will be no change of the choice of tune, as ob­tained with Ex­o­dus Steel Or­ches­tra ear­li­er this year in a court mat­ter.

2: An­oth­er ma­jor change is that pan­men will play on­ly for one band. What this means is the era of the "crack shot" pan­man is over; these pan­men used to play for sev­er­al bands."

The complete article

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why would PAN TRINBGO make such an announcement when they know that they CANNOT IMPLEMENT IT?

• It is up to PANTRINBAGO to enforce this ONE PLAYER PER BAND RULE or is the responsibility of the BAND LEADERS to enforce this rule.Who will guard these guards to make sure it is implemented.  

• It is difficult to enforce this rule, unless there hire some CRACKSHOT POLICE...

• Cecil: With a GLOBAL PLATFORM like the one that PAN TRINBAGO has, all they need is an ERO with some diplomatic skills and he could reach out both LOCALLY and INTERNATIONALLY to get a DATABASE BUILT (at NO or MINIMAL COST) with the 6000 registered PAN PLAYERS. (Ah wonder if the STEELBANDS ever filled out the form that BEVERLEY made for them to REGISTER PLAYERS?)

So the player shows up with this PAN TRINBAGO ID CARD they swipe it and your PICTURE and PROFILE comes up on the screen and they let you on the stage. The system does a CHECK MARK saying: HE DONE PLAY ALREADY.

Being TRINIS man will still find ways to beat the system -- but the CORRUPTION would be drastically reduced.

This is 2020 (almost) and that TECHNOLOGY is FUNDAMENTAL to any GLOBAL ORGANIZATION.

Talk to your PRESIDENT!!! Tell her to hire you as a PAN TRINBAGO CONSULTANT (on paper only) and give you an email address (cecilhinkson@pantrinbago.co.tt) and I am sure that you could deliver that system to them with one hand tied behind your back -- using your DIPLOMATIC SKILLS..

They need to REPLACE Dane Gulston and put a more FUNCTIONAL ERO in place. Nothing personal against him but PAN MUST PROGRESS!!!

And I want to job to SCAN DEM ID CARDS because dem PAN MEN have PLENTY TRICKS!!!

• Trinis, are trichadadians, you cyar stop the it will be too costly to enforce this, rule,

• Too indiscipline to FOLLOW RULES!

Mighty Chalkdust - Shortcut Society

• I'll believe it when I see it...If and when they announce a fail-safe to counter people playing for more than one band in each category I'll kinda feel comfortable....When I last enquired, they had no way of ensuring that players don't beat the system...More than that many many bands rely on "crackshots" for their Panorama existence...They not fooling me at all...

• Well all who think that BEVERLEY and PAN TRINBAGO doh read THIS FORUM -- ah have news for them. MERRYTONESTOTHEBONE force PAN TRINBAGO to rein in the CRACKSHOTS by proselytizing on THIS FORUM until THE POWERS THAT BE were forced to TAKE HEED. That man was so enraged by THIS ABUSE of the PANORAMA SYSTEM that one time he even get vex with me because I tried to be humorous and inadvertently made light of the issue by bending my expression a little too extensively and caused him to misconstrue my position. Which happens to be the SAME AS HIS!!!

However, I am the ETERNAL CYNIC!!! And i say that BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE lacks the ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS to enforce this NEW EDICT. So this is a LIP SERVICE (RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA) STORY.

So many PAN LOVERS are going to believe that CHANGE HAS COME TO AMERICA PANORAMA (A slight variation of OBAMA'S line but as you all lived to see -- the change that came to AMERICA from OBAMA was DONALD TRUMP ... sorry, sorry -- sometimes ah does mix up meh PLATFORMS).

Anyway, NICE TRY BEVERLEY!!! GOOD PROPAGANDA!!! But you CANNOT ENFORCE THAT CHANGE!!!

Ah wish the rest of THE EXECUTIVE who BORN and GROW UP in TRINIDAD was not such a BUNCH OF YES MEN and they had explained to BEVERLEY that it have too much SMART MEN in TRINIDAD to make that PROMISE WORK.

Although it COULD and SHOULD!!!

So tell MERRYTONESTOTHEBONE doh LIGHT NO CIGAR and DOH POP NO CHAMPAGNE!!!

• This is one Victory for MTTB, Hope many more changes to come in Panorama to satisfy him.

This reply was deleted.