Replies

• RIP Mikey - Sad Loss. The Phase has lost a great pan soldier. The World has lost a true gentleman and musician. One Love and God Bless!!!

• There will be a "send off " for Mikey at Phase ll pan yard on Thursday night, just letting you all know.

• Condolences to the Phillip's Family, keep the Faith, may he RIP.
  • Condolences to the family of the Phillips Mikey was very inspirational to my son.
  • Mikey was one in a million. Quiet but not one to mess with. Led with an even and fair hand. He would be missed. He fought a good fight to the end but just Courtney Jones, he was called to the Pan Groove in the Heavens. Condolences to the Phillips family, the Phase II family and to some extent, the Starlit family because he was their captain before the inception of Phase II. May his soul rest in peace. No more pain.
  • R.I.P. Mikey  Phillip condolences to his family . 

• Peace.

• Mikey came over from Invaders to join us in Starlift in 1963. He was a quiet, respected panman that got along with everyone. We enjoyed a lot of great moments playing on the stage side wherever Angostura wanted us: http://www.bestoftrinidad.com/pictures/ronaldc.jpg.  I left for the US in 1965 and, when I briefly returned home for Carnival in 1970, Mikey was the captain.  He warmly welcomed me back in the fold on tenor pan for the Panorama Final where we played Sparrow's "Panman" and finished 2nd.  After Carnival, he graciously allowed me to return to the USA with my tenor-pan.  He was a great panman (cellos) and leader who was kind to everyone. Now that he has joined Winston (Mouther Bee), I know that they are already putting a band together. My condolences to Pat and the rest of his family.

Rest in Peace My Brother!

ronaldc.jpg

• MY CONDOLENCES TO PAT,ANDY,FAMILY AND FRIENDS,MIKEY WAS A COOL GUY.

• Condolences to the Family, Relatives and friends of Mikey Phillips. May his Soul Rest In Peace.

This reply was deleted.