Minister challenges Pan Trinbago:

Show ’em you’re world governing body for pan

Minister of the Arts and Multiculturalism Dr Lincoln Douglas has challenged the executive of Pan Trinbago to prove to the world that their organisation is “The World Governing Body for Pan”.

The challenge came on Wednesday evening at the Lord Kitchener Auditorium, National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA) at the launch of the logo for the International Conference and Panorama 2015. Pan Trinbago proposes to hold the first International Conference and Panorama (ICP) in 2015, from August 6 to 9. University of the West Indies, St Augustine (UWI) pro vice chancellor and principal Prof Clement Sankat is the Patron of the ICP. The conference will deal with topics such as The History and Development of Pan, The Science of the Instrument and the Applications used, Recent Developments of the Instrument.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Show-em-youre-world-governing-body-for-pan-252822551.html

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What I can't  understand is why Pantrinbago Plan things without having money in the Budget(on hand not on Paper), the same thing with the Music Festival they plan without having money in the budget that's why these Pan people have not been paid,  I foresee the same thing happening with the upcoming International Panorama, Have Money on Hand and not on Paper.

• Bede,

The government money belongs to PanTrinbago all they do is say how much they want.

Can anyone tell us what is the total amount of funds PT received from the government last year?

• It is in the best interest of Pan Trinbago executive to call an election as soon as possible, with that out of the way we all can work toward a better day for everything pan, but they are too arrogant to see that, they prefer to use the courts to prolong their rule.

• Why do they need to be accountable or transparent, they are a law unto themselves, ent... ;-) Cap in hand, then divvy up the proceeds to their minions is the modus operandi and creed of the current PT lot... http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Pan-Trinbago-needs-25m-for-2015...
  • It's good to see Mr Diaz is showing Mr Douglas he willing to accept the challenge...

"He said his organisation has had to go “cap in hand” to the Government every time Pan Trinbago wanted to do something. In this regard, the organisation formed and registered The Heritage Lottery Company to enable them to have their own finances."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Pan-Trinbago-needs-25m-for-2015...

Pan Trinbago needs $25m for 2015 steelband conference

• odw.

Pan Trinbago always need money they are very good at begging, they don't tell us how they spend whatever they make after the carnival season but we hear from them when they need more.

• Cecil,

I'm sure with this Heritage Lottery Company, their accountants will allow transparency by showing  the IPC winners how they are going to invest the 10% from their prize money or how they are using it for future IPC competitions.

• odw,

I would not put one cent in the hands of PT  at this point, let them have an election first.

• Exactly, Cecil.  The fundamental  problem is one of accountability!

Peter

• Oswald,

Help me here, trying to understand some of the relationship structure from the PT constitution Article 7-11 you explained in the previous post. I looked up the Constitution Article 8  the role of the President.

#4. Shall have the power and authority to conduct the executive functions of the Association when the Central Executive Committee is not in session. All such action taken by him shall be subject to the approval of a majority of the members of the Central Executive Committee at their next meeting after the exercise by the President of such powers.

What can the CEC do now, don't they have the authority to check the President, can the constitution be amended to change that function the president exercise in Article 7-11?

This reply was deleted.