When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Show ’em you’re world governing body for pan

Minister of the Arts and Multiculturalism Dr Lincoln Douglas has challenged the executive of Pan Trinbago to prove to the world that their organisation is “The World Governing Body for Pan”.

The challenge came on Wednesday evening at the Lord Kitchener Auditorium, National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA) at the launch of the logo for the International Conference and Panorama 2015. Pan Trinbago proposes to hold the first International Conference and Panorama (ICP) in 2015, from August 6 to 9. University of the West Indies, St Augustine (UWI) pro vice chancellor and principal Prof Clement Sankat is the Patron of the ICP. The conference will deal with topics such as The History and Development of Pan, The Science of the Instrument and the Applications used, Recent Developments of the Instrument.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Show-em-youre-world-governing-b...

Views: 2269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

patrick,

No one, no where, knows what to do with the PAN.                                                    yet.

Well said Sandra. I hope the planners are listening? But then there is some G in your DNA.

Keep writing.

And BTW why are PAN PEOPLE calling on politicians and government for solutions to PAN PEOPLE'S problems.

pan people cannot solve the problems when the Govt cannot solve the CORRUPTION in Pan Trinbago....imagine an executive election is long overdue and pan trinbago rather go to court than having a FAIR elected body run the show....

And the Govt supporting them, President and PM.

Kelvin,

We are not calling on the govt to solve the problems of PT we are calling on them to stop supporting the present executive because their mandate expired two years ago. Lets get people that WANT to solve the problems of PT.

The last 10 days 2 Govt Minister resign because of people pressure - why we cannot put the same pressure on the Govt to solve Pan Trinbago ISSUES ????????????????

Gavin

Those were political decisions and the PM had the call

The Legislature ( PM and/or Minister) has no authority over the Courts ( Judiciary).....and the matter is before the Courts.

PT is an incorporated body by an Act of Parliament,so contrary to what many on the space feel can be easily done, it's very difficult (and possibly illegal) for the GROTT to ignore PT and/or demand changes,without a court ruling.

oswald,

The matter before the courts is NOT high treason or murder and no one here is saying that the President of Prime Minister has authority over the courts but if they ask for a favor it can sure make matters easier. Pan Trinbago is making the Government look silly because they use up tax dollars with no accountability.

Cecil

OK......but lets extend you suggestion that the courts starts granting the government favours and tomorrow you have a matter against the GROTT before the courts and the courts decides to grant the GROTT another favour?

oswald.

We live in a corrupt world where the high and mighty get favours every day, those on the lower end don't get because they are too law abiding or afraid to ask.

Cecil, "Minister Challenges Pantrinbago" is just Old talk, Insulting our intelligence.    

I hear you Cecil,let me put it this way, the GROTT has less to do with this matter than the Steelbands that are members of the Association.It's my view that the Steelbands ( majority) can bring this matter to an end very swiftly, if they so desire.The question is do the Steelbands (majority) trust and/or motivated by those who are putting themselves up as candidates opposed to the present executive.

PT Constitution,Article 7-111-e......says

"Subject to the provisions of this Constitution and to any other written law for the time being of the Association, the Annual General Meeting shall have the power to confirm, vary or veto any decisions, by-laws or other rules passed during the year by the Central Executive Committee."

I see this as matters of the CAUSES, rather than the EFFECTS......Structural ( bands and association) defects rather than personalities......many bands apathy in the absence of Panorama,rather than many of the reasons I have heard bandied about.

But we have to soldier on and work towards a better day.

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service