Ms. Prime Minister ultimately the buck stops with you.

It is time for the disrespect of Pan and culture to stop. The world is watching. You cannot claim to support the efforts of the young people of Trinidad and Tobago on one hand and support the existence of the Greens at the Panorama semi finals with the other.  That's like handing a burning cigarette to a runner after he has just completed a race. It is a toxic mix.

Stop the disrespect Ms. Prime Minster. Time for you to lead by example.

bugs

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My Bro. Bugs. I might have agreed with You if the Pool Party was a distraction to the Panorama, but its not. This is Our Culture. Pool party cant generate the Crowd and Financial Dividends out side of Panorama. Some Trinis like Party and Some like Pan. I think this Marriage will work. Sometimes We have to think Positive and look forward. Our Motto  ''Disciple - Production and Tolerance is at work here. It all falls under the auspices of Pantrinbago its not an Outside Entity. Tolerance My Bro. ''Peace & Love''

• This is not our culture. The Greens was not always a part of Panorama. If men like Rudolph were alive this could not happen. But that is besides the point.

What's the problem with moving the semi finals to Saturday? What's the problem with letting the Greens Party go on without Panorama present? What is this need to have pan present while this foolishness is going on? Why can't Pan Trinbago just collect their money from the Greens in peace without subjugating the pan community to the disrespect of the Greens?

bugs

• "Foolishness"? To whom?  "The 'greens' was not always a part of panorama", but panorama was not always part of carnival either. The question persists: Did the 'greens' affect panorama this year?

• I think its very Foolish to Blame the PM for the Pool Party. Panorama is Pantrinbago Baby. The PM cannot overseer every thing that goes on in Sweet Trini. The is very unfair and very Tribal. Very soon You will Blame Her for the Panorama Results.  She don't Deserve this Flak!

• Val last year at the Pool Party the Minister of Culture came out and said the Pool and the Greens was a great idea. If someone had drown in the pool who would have gotten the Flak? The government is the provider of the prize monies. The government is the entity that pays the players. Like or not Panorama is a government sponsored event.

bugs

• It's not the PM's job, it's the job and fortitude of the Steel Bands managers to say that they won't be taking part in the semis as long as the distraction from the greens continue. A nation without a culture is a nation without a past or future. To believe that just  because someone comes along and spends a few dollars that everything is fine is just idiotic, without looking at the message being sent to the most impressionable, the young, who are the ones to carry on the culture.No one has a party outside of the Soca Chutney show, even though it's a derivative of the Calypso show, it still has it's cultural overtones which is being kept intact. So, keep your few dollars and go to Maracas or Las Cuevas and have a splendid time but leave our national instrument and biggest show alone. Every year the same shit. I blame the Pan fraternity for not being men enough to stand up and say, "Enough Is Enough ".

• You are 1000% correct Sherwin. But a few years back, I believe that was year the government offered 2 million in prizes to all the competitions - there was a serious bottle throwing incident at the Soca Chutney show. In fact I believe the Prime Minister was present. If someone had gotten hurt or this became a regular occurrence it is safe to say the PM would have been on the hook because they were financial backers.

bugs

• Lest we forget. Carnival is bacchanal. What allyuh want? Like they say 'trini doh know what they want'. None of the other PMs cared enough about 'pan'. It is good where it is, with no place else to go. So lehwe stand in one place and jump like Shadow.

• How 'bout 'live & let live'
    • I am totally with you Patrick. This is why I said let the Greens continue to have Sunday, Just move the Pan semis to Saturday and Friday away from the distraction. Let's let Pan Trinbago be the best fete promoter they can be. Seems like they are far better at running fetes than running Pan.

bugs

This reply was deleted.