Narrative on NCC involvement in Panorama 2017

Narrative on NCC involvement

There is a narrative of involvement by the NCC. It is suggested that they are offering a proposal for the 2017 panorama. The present regime of Pan Trinbago is also offering their version of the panorama 2017. Two different concepts, it is also reported that the NCC will receive more money than the present regime. …….If this is the case it becomes a no-win situation for pan. The present regime of Pan Trinbago, is not trustworthy to present the panorama with all of their stated corruption practices. On the other hand, accepting the NCC is simply going backwards. They are not capable of producing a future for the pan. This present situation is the result of all the improprieties and mal-practices that the present regime had engaged in since 2009. They have caused this malaise which is an unfortunate situation for the pan movement.

A change in the administration is definitely a welcomed scenario.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pan players get together and form an Association right now otherwise others will be making the decisions for you.

• Hmm... Seems like Claude Gonzalez is on to something, ent...

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2534462%3ATopic%...

• Pannists should use their power to make a definitive solution about the future of Pan as our country's belongings. Perhaps they do not know how much power they have.

• Is Pantrinbago about to be thrown under the bus, what will Diaz, Foto and the boys be doing for Panorama, if it is a fact that the NCC will be in charge? Are they about to be investigated? Why all the drama! 

On the issue of doing away with the categories, again if true, are we going to see a cut in the amount of players, for it sure would be unfair to have small, medium and large together. I guess a lot of players would be scampering to find a band and many would be left behind, panorama is pretty soon. Pan people it's high time to form a union, for far too many of you don't seem to be aware of what is going onwith your business, get serious.

• Better something than nothing.  This structure is like long ago. 

• NCC running panorama with 25 mil:

1. there would be no small, medium or large category just one category.

2. 40 bands would be chosen for prelims (don't know what is the process), 20 qualify for semis and 10 qualify for finals.

3. no money for bands that didn't make it out of the prelims.

• Is this one for real or just conjecture?

• Who the hell knows. Excuse my rash thoughts.

• Word on the ground is nothing is concrete yet. But I did here the same thing too.

bugs

• Wayne: Those numbers were not pulled out of THIN AIR. It got a whole lot of people with original documents supporting those numbers.

This reply was deleted.