Intriguing line about "the crowd that we want to attract" -- sounds a little Lincoln Douglasesque to me. And in the week that Yogi Berra died it looks like deja vu all over again.

I am waiting to hear how P-A-N fits into this economic diversification plan and BUDGET.

http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,217572.html

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Carnival,all music ,fashion and it's like a huge movie production. THINK ABOUT IT.
    • Morning Glory where have you been? This is Trinidad, a place where the dependency syndrome is rampant among people in the performing arts. Anthony Corbin’s point on “servicing” is worth looking into.

With access (internet-technology) to the global market-place, you are able to independently move your product and services to an international audience.

• MORNING GLORY: I admire your optimism. But I have to stand in the corner with Anthony Corbin. May I remind you that we invented the PAN and we modernize the PAN and we technologize the PAN and we spread the PAN all over the world and we have the best PAN PLAYERS and TUNERS in the world and we still cannot produce a PAN CD to sell a paltry 100,000 copies and get some GLOBAL AIRPLAY.

So I don't see how we could jump into the MOVIE PRODUCTION RING and make blockbuster movies like AVATAR and TITANIC to bring in FOREIGN EXCHANGE.

The MOVIE MAKING INDUSTRY is nothing but HIGH STAKES GAMBLING!!!

• We have to think positive,Trinidad and Tobago,has one of the world's most talented populations.Despite being a country with a small amount of people,we have the necessary resources,to train,and build ,the infrastructure,to become a powerhouse,in the world of Music,Fashion,movies etc. Look at csrnival ,it's all mudic ,fashion,and theatrical .If we can think on an international level we can use our natural talents and work together,we can become one of the greatest entertainment destinations on the planet.BLESS
  • With a population of 1.5 million, it will be diffcult to maintain such expensive industries

as film and fashion. If the plan is to 'service' the big international studios then there might something in it. 

This reply was deleted.