NEWS

S.N.S.E, (St James North stars Steel orchestra Enterprise) will sell their Design Patent, Trademark, and Copyrighted 4ths and 5ths technology shares to Japan & China, only keeping their Moral right as Moral rights cannot be transfered, CEO Jordan...

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NOTE TO TUNERS, If U wan't to improve U R tuning, stop concerntrating on harmonics, word is (HARMONIC) which is the OCTAVE or upper of the note you are tuning, not harmonics, harmonic tuning is for string instruments, I shoud know, that's because I tune's Piano's as well, the Peterson Strobe has 8 temperment file, one is for the Pan, I won't tell U, U have to find it on your own, I have place U on the right track, ready set GO... 

• Mr. Audain ; copy's of the Design Patent and the Copyright Act  Laws (Chapter 82:80) is already available on When Steel Talks...

• Mr Cecil Hinkson; Ms Sten knows Anthony Williams very well, she has spoken to him, have U? and as for the  ownership of a Design Patent, Trademark, Moral and or Copyrights,  the Act clearly states that the Author is the person who creats it, and   his employer, in this case S.N.S.E, is usually the owner technological 4ths & 5ths, even though the Patent is named as such, see Copyright Act Law (Chapter 82:80) already posted on When Steel Talks,

• To all who think they know, our Design Patent, Trademark, Moral rights, has not expired as copyright is automatic upon registration, and that will last until 70 years after the Author's death, the 4ths & 5ths technology has three (3) Author's, Anthony Williams the designer in 1949,  Herman (rock) Johnston 1961, and Leslie Michael Jordan 1963, the modifier  developers which will last 70 years after Jordans death,  the technology is also a collective work, that include all the stage side members 26 of us, which will last until 100 years from the date is was first published, blog Trinidad & Tobago Copyrigth Act (chapter) 82:80,  and as for SNSE we can do what ever we want with it, IT IS OUR'S, and as for Ms Sten she met and spoken to "TONY", so people look before U leap, we will sell 40% shares to whom ever we please, will keep control shares of 51% and give away 9% shares, 1% to Len "boogsie"  Sharpe, and 1% to Sherwin "fessor" Pierre, as they are the ones that's really tryto evolve the instrument, and not disrespecting or abusing it, chow for now...

• Tony Williams' design patent expired many years ago, design patents are granted for 14 years.  Also it is for a version of the spiderweb pan, not the modern 4ths and 5ths pan made today.  (A copy of the patent is available online.)  You could copyright a picture or drawing of the pan, but that gives you no protection from someone making the physical object.  What are they supposedly trademarking?  The word "pan"  I doubt it... 

I smell a scam or someone trying to stir up a pot for no good reason. 

• PJJ; U can tune the 4ths& 5ths pans in round notes, square notes, make it out of wood , plastic, iron, or rubber, as long as the assesment order of notes is in the same position's, it belong's to SNSE and Williams, as he desigened it, and by the way it is also Copyrighted in the Library of Congress, that is how Brian Copeland got caught, we at S.N.S.E. are not fool's, only scam I smell is U...

• Before we start jumping to conclusions, we are not members of the S.N.S.E so we do not know the reason behind it, and another thing, I don't think S.N.S.E would sell it to Professor Copeland, not with what mess they went through with him in Court etc etc, I am sure that Leslie Jordan will let us know in due time. 

• That makes a lot of sense we all guessing and it could be a seriously misleading rumor as well, however, I'm no agent for Copeland or any political party in Trinidad, but that court matter was a direct attack on PNM/Manning initiatives by Anand Ramgoatlan

• Even if this is true....why don't they sell it to Professor Copeland and the team of UWI Technocrats.......at least it would remain on home soil

• Very good question Tony Blackman, 4th and 5th belongs to Tony Williams not S.N.S.E, at this stage of the game what use is $5-$10 mill. to Tony?  ah smelling something here. By the way who is behind S.N.S.E?

This reply was deleted.