No Pan stream from Pan Trinbago!!!!

It is really pathetic that in this day and age, Pan Trinbago has not introduced a form of online stream for the millions of foreigners and Trinidadians away from Trinidad.
Single Pan is no less a Pan and as such should have just as much recognition as the Medium and Large Conventional steel bands.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is easy to say do not blame the government for the problems of Pan Trinbago, However I say they are to blame. Year after year, they hand out millions without a proper budget or account from Pan Trinbago.
    It would be total stupidity to give someone a million dollars and not get a receipt or a credible plan.
    It is time the Government step in and run things or appoint a new efficient system for control of the national instrument. Take for example in the 80’s and early 90’s we had all pan at the savannah and that was an income generator from prelims to the final and that was changed to a semi and final only for the medium and large bands. There was bragging rights in the East; North and South Central zonal champions. That is no longer the case. Mismanagement has led us down an accuse and blame road where the money is stolen and never accounted for. Are you going to tell me after 50 years, no one knows how many people attend Panorama or bought tickets to events? This is a game of bait and switch. They move things sideways with a backward step and call it progress.

• Just to inform you folks that the construction of the GREENS 2014 has started with no accounts provided for the 2013 GREENS, and no knowledge of who the building contractors are. Ah wonder who running dis T&T??

• FYI - George "Sonny" Goddard received NO compensation for his lengthy terms in office as President of the Steelbands Association, NATTS, and Pan Trinbago. During his terms, he remained a daily-paid Malaria Evaluator with the Ministry of Health. The only compensation my dad received from his work in the steelbands was during his short appointment with the Government. He then stood up to Dr. Eric Williams, in defense of the steelbands and had his contract illegally voided. He is probably the ONLY President who openly declared his finances, and pioneers like Hugh Borde can testify to his adamant views on dishonesty. As a matter of fact, in many cases, he had to use his own money, in conducting steelband business. END THE SWEEPING INDICTMENTS NOW!!!!!!!!!! Ghost.

• The Ghost, You make me remember when I used to work @ the Malaria Division, Long Circular RD as a Perifocal worker eradicating Aedes Aegypti Mosquitoes from 61 or 62 to 1969. (couldn't help reminiscing ) 

• BEDE LOPEZ you and company still jamming about pan at this hour?

• Patrick, Since earlier, I went to work and when I came back I took a Peep on Pan times, and whenever I do I find myself in and out on Pan times and Facebook, I enjoy reading the Articles, It gives me Knowledge and Knowledge is Power. lol 

• I enjoy communicating with you and others myself. A lot of educated individuals, and as you said, enjoy the articles. Great.

• Bede, daddy worked out of that same office. Did you know him? The last straw the "Doc" had was when my dad in the famous Woodford Square speech, ended with, "Ah know when de deaf one in White Hall hear what ah say, ah go loss meh job. But that is okay; ah accustom catching mosquito". (What a courageous, principled leader; wouldn't you say?) The next day, Dr. Williams fired him. Thanks for sharing, Bede. Ghost.

• He was 20yrs older than me, so I knew about him by seeing him, always see him around the Community Center on ST Paul Street, and whenever I take ah peep in the National Steelband when the Band Practicing or when the Steelbands in a Riot, he seems to be a Peace maker. 

• I do not understand how my saying that the government has a responsibility, indeed a duty, to promote, support and develop culture could be interpreted as giving money to Pan Trinbago without accountability.

Government should be steward of all the nations resources, including the culture.

That includes making sure that funds appropriated to develop those resources be spent responsibly.

Surely they're failing in that regard.

And BTW, isn't Pan Trinbago a de facto creation of government?

Show a little  imagination, guys.

You can't let them off the hook that easily.

This reply was deleted.