Replies

• Lord Kitchener - Symphony On The Street

• Mighty Sparrow - Document Pan

• The biggest impediment to face the STEELBAND MOVEMENT in TRINIDAD to date -- and this has resulted, in large part, in the failure to try to correctly document the history -- is the lack of inclusivity by the movement.

I understand THEIR ISSUES. Yet it is NOT TOO LATE to dry to drag some TALENTED PEOPLE off the sidelines and BEG FOR HELP. But the EMOTIONAL IMMATURITY and LACK OF PATRIOTISM -- as time runs out on the last batch of founders -- is too high a mountain to climb.

• Love Me Tender - Pan versions

• I have watched this video quite a few times over the years; and two things jump out at me.

1. In conjunction with other articles and interviews: I have come to the conclusion that the CARIBBEAN STEELDRUM was invented in 1947.

2. To all the PAN COMMENTATORS who love to talk about "TEACHING THE HISTORY OF PAN" as essential to the FUTURE OF PAN ... WHICH HISTORY are you going TO TEACH? Clearly, the people who were there INVENTING THE INSTRUMENT all have a DIFFERENT HISTORY!!!

So, I say: FOCUS ON TODAY and MAKE A PLAN FOR TOMORROW!!! Ah still waiting to see a PAN STAR from TRINIDAD on the GLOBAL STAGE. JUST ONE!!!

• 2. To all the PAN COMMENTATORS who love to talk about "TEACHING THE HISTORY OF PAN" as essential to the FUTURE OF PAN ... WHICH HISTORY are you going TO TEACH? Clearly, the people who were there INVENTING THE INSTRUMENT all have a DIFFERENT HISTORY!!!

Claude my brother, I hear yuh, I just got a REALITY CHECK from John Oliver...

John Oliver takes a look at how the history of race in America is taught in schools, how we can make those teachings more accurate, and why it’s in everyone's best interest to understand the most realistic version of the past.

U.S. History: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

• Very good post odw.

• Knowledge is Power!

Everything you know about the British Empire is a lie | George Monbiot

“It’s not just the bad stuff in history that they don’t want us to see, it’s also the good stuff”

Full 27min interview with George Monbiot on Empire: https://www.patreon.com/posts/39305671

This reply was deleted.