When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Open Letter to Madam PM of Trinidad and Tobago dated 19-11-2011

Open Letter to Madam PM of Trinidad and Tobago dated 19-11-2011

Re: Gypsy: $46M spent on Carnival Centre

Yesterday I was viewing the debate in parliament and the MINISTER of Arts and Multiculturalism Winston "Gypsy" Peters said the Carnival Centre at Queen Park Savannah, Port of Spain, is being built at a cost of $46 million.
Replying to a question from Port-of-Spain South MP Marlene Mc Donald in the Lower House yesterday, Peters said that of this cost some $42.9 million has to date been certified for payment.

However, in reply to Mc Donald, Peters revealed the project had not been tendered, due to the need for it to be ready in time for Carnival.

In an earlier question, Peters listed the construction works done at the Savannah for last Carnival, which he also said had not been tendered, due to the need to get them ready in time.

After the two questions, Mc Donald asked Peters if it is now the policy to have no tendering on contracts for his ministry. Peters replied that this was not the policy, but the lack of tendering had come about because of the short period available in which to get work done.

Madam PM we put you in office because we know you can clean up the corruption
in Trinidad and Tobago.

LAST YEAR THE MINISTER CAME-UP WITH THIS SAME LAME EXCUSED ABOUT TIME TO SHORT FOR PUBLIC TENDERING BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR FOR THE GOVERNMENT WE LET IT PASS.

THE MINISTER HAD 11 MONTHS TO PREPARE TENDERING FOR CARNIVAL 2012 AND HE IS TELLING THE NATION HE HAD NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR PUBLIC TENDERING.

MADAM PM INVESTIGATE WHY THE NORTH STAND WAS DISMANTLE FOUR MONTHS AGO AT APPROXIMATELY $15M DOLLARS - ONLY TO START THE PROCESS 3 MONTHS AFTER DISMANTLEMENT.

MADAM PM WE ARE LIVING IN A COMMUNICATION WORLD AND BLATANT WASTE OF TAX PAYERS DOLLARS AND CRONYISM WOULD BRING YOU DOWN THE WORLD IS WATCHING.

THIS ISSUE WOULD NOT GO AWAY....PLEASE ADDRESS NOW....

PUT COUNTRY FIRST.......

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Winston "Jackass" Peters again!

Is that a comment?

Yes. Winston Peters is a "Jackass". Me, personally, I prefer Winston "Lick-Bottom African" Peters. And while I'm at it, how about this one: Jack "Warner Be Ah Indian So Bad, Because Ah Doh Like Meh Distinct African Features" Warner. (Is that "comment" enough for you? I found Roderick's comment to be a clear "comment".) 

Last year Minister Peters indicated that the previous administration had wasted tax payers money and he would put things in place to prevent these corrupt (alleged) practices from taking place, yet he has the Gall to talk that nonsense in Parliament. H e should be ashamed, because this act of stupidity borders on total mismanagement of my money. Or to hell with the "niggers' they can't do me nothing, i hope he realises that he is one of us, and i am not apologising for that statement. He is so off the perimeters of the duties and responsibilities that the Prime minister and the people of Trinidad and Tobago has bestowed on him as a Minister of Culture. Culture is the soul of a nation, Culture is what identifies the styles of one set of people from another. Culture is what the people of your country produces which makes them different in music, food, dance, dress and other behavioural patterns, which makes us unique. It is so sad that he cannot see these special qualities in the PAN, and so many first world countries and musicians are gravitating towards this instrument It is evident that Mr. Peters has no vision, and does not involve himself in any sort of  research which deals with his portfolio. As Cro-Cro sang in his calypso another "lick bottom African"

For the record, i once mentioned  it and wioud  repeat the said thing  once more, a minsiter of arts and or culture in particular ought to be somaone musically oriented,,,i,m always open to corections.

Is this the new political forum? Where do I go to find "steelband" stuff?

go to the panyard is there where you suppose to find steelband stuff.

Nah, I don't think so. Is WST a political forum?

Patrick boy is everything we talking bout on WST so yuh better watch what yuh do because we even have ah few "MAKOS" around.LMAO! 

I totally agree with you this is WHEN STEEL TALKS and i am sick of all the political forums and only come here for RELAXATION and PLEASURE after haveing to put up with the radio and newspapers inundated with all of this. Let the SICKO-PHANTS and the FANATICS let us have a break on here.

Sarah-Ann, this is definitely NOT the place to relax. This is a forum, when important issues relating to those in the pan fraternity, are openly discussed, without censorship. Do what I do when I enter a club that's smoke-filled. Leave. You have a choice, but my rights and those of others to speak freely, are encouraged on WST. Funny, you consider the news-carriers as  "SICKO-PHANTS" and "FANATICS", yet are willing to be apathetic as to the actions of the new-makers. I say your labels are misdirected, and are more suited to PM Kamla Bissesar, Anand Ramlogan, and the rest of her clique. You would prefer that this forum change its open forum, so that you are not offended. Why would someone who is "sick" of it, visit so many political forums. You can easily Google "non-confrontational or non-political forum", and find one that does not make you "sick". But to ask us to stop speaking on issues that are important to us, so as not to offend you, I think, it is in our best interests to continue speaking out, and deal with the occasional name-throwing. Why are you even involved in pan, if you are not willing to endure her "growing pains"? I do understand your frustration, though. Sometimes, I just want "relaxation" and "pleasure" when I get together with my wife. But, if there are pending issues, like washing the dishes, I have to hear it, and hear it, and hear it. And if I don't address the issue, I can expect more "nagging", until the issue is resolved. So I wash the dishes, taking care of the issue at hand. (Not "in hand", mind you.) Then I can relax and have my pleasure! I hope you get it, because the people of Trinidad & Tobago are that "wife", and will continue to nag, and nag, and nag, until the "head of the house" takes care of the issue(s) at hand. Hotep (Peace.)

Pan'tum - The Ghost Who Talks (on politics or anything that's important).

You have me all wrong. WST is all about and should be all about Pan and this time of the year Pan has it own politics. It is because I visit all those political rooms and blaze into all the lies postings  propoganda and indoctrination attempts why I beg people to resist from getting WST into all of that. There is a fine example of what happens on the Forum  "PM  Vision for Pan" where the gist of the discussion has gone way past the topic heading and Mr Terry Samuel is behaving like a TROLL . I expect that WST moderator will chastise me over there,

WST is always refreshing I have been on here from day one. Growing pains Mr I am a senior citizen of Trinbago I suffered the phisical and most other growing pains of pan the worse me having to "KNEEL on a GRATER".But I still persisted following until today,

No I believe in speaking out if you knew me you would understand why. So do not judge me too harshly

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service