When Steel Talks extends well-wishes to the family and friends of Orville Wright in this trying time.

Pan Times apologizes to the Steelpan fraternity and the friends and family of Orville Wright, and to Mr. Wright himself, for the possibly imprecise report.  The multiple, usually dependable sources of information maybe inaccurate, and consequently at this time there are many conflicting reports.

Once again, sincerest apologies!

click for more on Orville Wright

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was informed by King Wellington that the news is true. Orville Wright was cremated and will be memorialized in a service later today in Boston.

• I'm really happy that you are still in the world!

• This is a very difficult time for the Wright family, hoping they accept WST apology. I wish MR Wright a speedy recovery, god bless.

• i95.5fm news this morning stated that he passed. not sure yet but that was said.

• on their website it now states that he is alive and was recently hospitalised. they apologised for the error.

• Orville Wright is still alive. I concur with Ian Jones by saying that this post is very much premature. I just spoke with some very close friends of ours who just visited with him and he is still alive. Please make the appropriate correction.

• This information is very premature.  Orville is gravely ill, but he has not yet passed.  It is extremely hard on the family to add this "rumour" to what they are currently dealing with. I trust that WST will do a quick "mea culpa" Thank you. 

Ian Jones

• Are you the Scholar/Footballer Ian Jones, from QRC?

Sincerely,

Ian Franklin

• Ian, it is I.

• Mr. Jones,

I saw you on a T&T television broadcast of QRC'S alumni' and remembered the name Ian Jones.

You know after not hearing your name since the early 1960's, something just connected.

I am sorry that whoever gave the infomation about Mr. Wright to WST was not validated before posting.  When I posted the news about the late Mr. Franklyn Ollivierra, I made sure that the info was indeed correct and still waited another two hours before committing.                                                    

Can you send me your E Mail address, or call my majic jack # (954) 380-4590. I want to tell you why I addressed you as a Scholar and not a mere footballer.

Thanks,

Ian

This reply was deleted.