When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

I thought that there was a calypso/soca tune with this title yet google is proving unhelpful Can anyone tell me which recorded this? Many thanks!

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you mean, "Play Anything"....it might be Tuna Puna Scanty...at least it sounds like him.

I think that's the one. Let me have a look on google!

if that's the song, it was Tuna Puna Scanty singing...the song (I think) was composed by Beverly Griffith and Alvin Daniell for the 2002 Panoarama.

Take a listen here (click on where it says Sample MP3):

http://www.maumaumusic.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CC02-05_Play_Anything

i think pan playing anything was sung by the mighty terror, i think.....

I never heard a Calypso/soca with that Title, might be some lyrics in the song

"Play Anything" sung by Tuna Puna Scanty (as already indicated by GospelPan). Tune also played by

T & TEC Power Stars Steel Orchestra.

Thank you for all your help and replies!

YOU GUYS MAKE ME SHAME "PAN CAN PLAY ANYTHING" WAS COMPOSED AND SUNG BY LORD KITCHENER, THE GRAND MASTER LONG BEFORE ALVIN USE THE THEME. A REFRAIN I ALWAYS REMEMBER IS '  A CHICKEN STEWING IN THE KITCHEN, PAN CAN PLAY' TRY AND GET A COPY. ASK ALVIN HE WILL TELL YOU WHERE HE GOT THE IDEA. HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THE GRAND MASTER,MAY GOD REST HIS SOUL NUFF SAID 

Hello Brian, That tune by Lord Kitchener actually came to mind given its lyrics. The actual tittle is:

Symphony On The Street, from his 1998 LP/CD by the same name. No disrespect, ever, for the Grand Master on my part. My response was merely directed to Lady Raygun's "Pan Can Play Anything" inquiring. Peace.

THANKS TERRY FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT THE NAME. I HAVE A LISTING OF THE MASTER'S ALBUMS,45'S 78'S ETC I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOUA COPY IF YOU SEND ME YOU EMAIL ADDRESS  THIS IS MY EMAIL 'bee_bee68@hotmail.com.' THE COLLECTION IS 17 PAGES. IT STARTS FROM THE YEAR HE DIED 2000 TO ABOUT 1954.I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MAKE ANY CORRECTIONS YOU LIKE. GOD BLESS, NUFF SAID

Thanks Brian. You will soon hear from me.

Symphony on the street by kitch

RSS

© 2019   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service