Newsday April 8, 2019

AFTER a successful seven-year partnership in which Duvone Stewart brought victory after victory to Pan Elders steel orchestra, the arranger and the band have parted ways.

The southern pan fraternity reacted with surprise yesterday to a statement purportedly from Pan Elders posted in When Steel Talks on social media which declared the separation.

In a brief response, Mayor Regrello said, "San Fernando is extremely proud of what Mr Stewart was able to achieve with Pan Elders. That being said, Pan Elders has emerged as a formidable force in their category. Therefore, l have no doubt that the band would be able to readjust their sails and move on.

Read More

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•   I wonder if band's decision is based on the future intention of them moving into the large band category in 2020. 

• That is a great question, Albert. But I get the impression that they have MONEY PROBLEMS (having lost the PETROTRIN SUPPORT) -- so moving up in size does not seem to fit the scenario.

• Birthday Greetings & Salutations to FREDDIE HUBBARD, Jazz trumpet-master/ genius/composer.

He made us see the "First Light".  Thank you,Freddie.

• Ah doh know why dey rushing to announce a NEW ARRANGER so soon!!!

They should at least interview MERRYTONESTOTHEBONE and a few others before they OVER-REACT and pick the WRONG ARRANGER.

This reply was deleted.