When TASPO went to ENGLAND in 1951 -- PAN had everything TO PROVE.

Today, PAN GOT NOTHING TO PROVE!!! Not with GLOBAL AMBASSADORS like ANDY NAREL and LIAM TEAGUE and VICTOR PROVOST and JONATHAN SCALES and TRACY THORNTON.

Add WHEN STEEL TALKS and WETEACHPAN.ORG and MANNETTE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and PAN YARD -- plus all the educational institutions around the world that are promoting the music -- and it is easy to conclude THE MUSIC has been accepted globally.

So, again I say, PAN GOT NOTHING TO PROVE.

That is why I will continue to repeat that on CARNIVAL SATURDAY NIGHT (in TRINIDAD) when you are playing a CALYPSO in a PANORAMA (in the land of CALYPSO) -- then you owe it to the public to PLAY THE CALYPSO in the MUSICAL LANGUAGE of the TRINIDAD PEOPLE (CALYPSO) like if the CALYPSO is a CALYPSO.

The hardcore PANORAMA FANS from Laventille and Morvant -- who made THE PAN what it is today -- do not come to PANORAMA to hear over-arranged operatic themes coming from the PAN -- dat is not WE CULTURE.

If we doh watch out soon enough when you go to a PANORAMA you will be handed a program walking you through the various movements by the symphony orchestra.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• By that premise, we shouldn’t be having a steelband competition at all.  It should be a tamboo bamboo competition.

Life evolves.  Music is part of life.  Therefore.......

• Claude,
    You could talk about it, but it will still continue to change becuz the original format was changed instead of them making new events with different styles. After breaking the ice with that change it was easy for them to convince the membership that there was no alternative but to adjust to modern thinking. So, we could now expect to have our calypso music disappear entirely.
    By the time my grandchildren are adults they may not know that Panorama was a pan competition where all bands played one agreed upon test piece to have bragging rights on whose band/arranger had the best judging score.
    Brenda H.
This reply was deleted.