Trinidad & Tobago Guardian

Trinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Leading the charge was arranger of defending conventional large band champions Phase II Pan Groove Len “Boogsie” Sharpe, who admitted he was brought to tears when he learned of the initiative which would see a pool being added to the attractions at The Greens. Giving the idea a thumbs down, Sharpe said: “What is Pan Trinbago doing to the national instrument of T&T? “They can’t be pan people? Can you imagine this? A national competition is going on and you want to have a pool party at the same time? Nobody cares about the national instrument. This pool idea is total disrespect. There is no where in the world, in any competition, that will go on.”

....Pan Splash is owned by Aqua Fun Park and is sponsored by the Blue Waters group of companies and Jus Juice.
Veteran musician/pan arranger Ray Holman also expressed his disgust at the move. He said: “I love water, but ... On one hand, there is an element of disrespect as far as the national instrument is concerned to have these kind of attractions at the same time as Panorama is in progress.
read entire article   

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well that bull bombed out. LMAO. What a stupid idea. I'm for the boycott by all steelbands idea if the assault on Panorama is continued.

• Any word or information on the Pan Splash bacchanal?

• welll - the commentators were talking about it all day, how it was a HUGE noise...  and they didn't turn their music off once a band was on stage as they had SAID they would.

Boogsie had to get firm; he refuse to play until they turn it all the way OFF -

The commentators were remarking on the noise coming from the greens whole day.

• You can read this, Salah!!!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/On-The-Greens-the-party-goes-on...

• "What is Pan Trinbago doing to the national instrument of T&T?" If you remove Pan Trinbago from the mix, does that help the national instrument? This is a competition, where ppl who are interested would hang on the drag, go in stands or check it out on the TV or web. The pool folks ain't bothering a soul.

• Some say the biggest disrespect is the " North Stand". Now the biggest disrespect is the "Pool Splash" Ray vex, Boogsie vex. The man says the money generated is to pay pan players. Allyuh wanted PT to be self sufficient, ent?

• I am boycotting Panorama tomorrow even though I love it dearly. I will be no where near QPS.   NO TO THE GREENS!

• Good for you Ayesha, all pan people in the Mecca have to take a stand like you. I hope you attend the Town Hall meeting in StarLift panyard on the 7th.

•  Trinidadians have to learn to respect the national instrument!

• Is that the children's pool?  If the situation was not drastic, it would be good for a few laughs.  Follow the money.  Whoever gave the company permission to add the distraction from Panorama, is in receipt of something.  Anyone who understands what Panorama is all about, its benefit to the pan lovers and especially the players, would never do something so inane unless they were handsomely rewarded.  The people at the pool side are going to disrupt the programme.  Take a pin and put a few holes in the plastic pool...oops.   

This reply was deleted.