Pan Trinbago Elections Date Set

The Central Executive of Pan Trinbago met on Monday 17th September 2018, to discuss issues affecting the organization including Panorama 2018 prize money and players incentives. Overtures are to be made to the NCC again, with regards to these matters, in light of the proposed launch of Carnival 2019, where the Steel bands and Pannist have not been compensated for their contribution to the festival of 2018.

However, the executive have arrived at a date for our Annual General Meeting and Tri-annual conference where election of officers to the Central Executive will be held for the 2018 / 2021 term. Nomination day is set for October 1st 2018, and Election will be held October 28th 2018. Steel bands are reminded that two registered members are eligible to participate in these events, as a venue would be announced shortly.

Please be guided by information coming out of the secretariat.

Michael L Joseph

Public Relations Officer

Pan Trinbago Inc. TC.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Could someone tell me who or what is the CIP. Who are the members? Are they up for elections 2018? Please don't tell me what CIP means.

If Diaz is everything, then you don't need any central exec.

Excuse my ignorance, don't know too much 'bout these tings either.

'Scuse my spelling too. I liking the bachanal though.

• PAN TRINBAGO has always been a ONE MAN RULE with support from a couple underlings who themselves are always working to CUT THE PRESIDENT'S THROAT. It is a very treacherous political culture and if -- heaven forbid -- a woman does become PRESIDENT, she is going to be THOROUGHLY UNDERMINED by the MACHO, MISOGYNISTIC MEN in the PAN MILIEU.

Regarding the CIP. This was a reactionary organization formed to agitate against KEITH DIAZ and his EXECUTIVE as payments to PAN PLAYERS lagged and million$$$$ (50 MILLION as of this date) disappeared from the PAN TRINBAGO COFFERS. The chief revolutionary was GREGORY LINDSAY, but the core of the group was Aquil Arrindell and Oswald Alexander and Dane Gulston and a few others. THE CIP posted a massive A-Z manifesto on THIS FORUM; you can pull it up yourself along with hundreds of discussions focused on that group.

THE CIP claimed that they were NOT A POLITICAL GROUP but their individual members were free to run for any office they choose. That sounds to me like being A LITTLE BIT PREGNANT!!!

At the end of the day (doh tell meh ah use that term) KEITH DIAZ is STILL THE STRONG MAN PRESIDENT and I will not be surprised to see him put his name on the NOMINATION LIST on OCTOBER 1ST.

Please address all your concerns about THE CIP to GREGORY LINDSDAY at his POWER STARS STEELBAND HEADQUARTERS.

But I might go pull up the A-Z MANIFESTO for you. Because I consider you a friend in PAN and SARCASM.

• Like THE CIP had a meeting and send OSWALD ALEXANDER to TAME ME. But, right now, I am like THE DEVIL IN MRS. JONES -- I RAGING. Because people lie to me and tell me that at the RESUMPTION MEETING any quorum could CALL THE SHOT. And they argued that point ARROGANTLY and VOCIFEROUSLY telling me that I doh know nothing about THE PAN TRINBAGO CONSTITUTION so I should SHUT UP and WAIT and SEE.

So I wait!!! And next thing I know is that FORTEAU and JOSEPH short-circuit all dem ARROGANT EMMM EFFFFS and set the date a day before and the LITTLE PUNKS who was TALKING BIG fall in line (acquiesced -- ah doh like to use too much big words on this forum like Russell Providence) -- like little GIMME GIMME BEGGARS.

So I LOSS FAITH in EVERYBODY -- even meh GOOD GOOD PARDNER AQUIL ARRINDELL. That boy from COUNTRY just like RUSSELL PROVIDENCE say and he doh know NOTHING ABOUT TOWN POLITICS.

How many times I say that I really want to go set up my own TRINIDAD POLITICS site and deal with ROWLEY and DOCTOR DOLLY but I always end up staying here hoping to stimulate something GOOD FOR PAN -- what a HOPELESS MISSION among such DESPERATE MEN.

And BEVERLEY RAMSEY- MOORE (with support from bugs and Cecil and odw) really believe that she could PENETRATE that GOOD OLE TRINIDAD BOYS CLUB -- break the GLASS CEILING.

NOT IN 2018!!!

• Claude, talk 'bout bazodee, what really going on? Ah uses to understand, but not any more. Tings looking like Diaz forever boy.

• But, Oswald, now you cannot deny that THE CIP is just as DESPERATE as BEVERLEY and JOSEPH and DIAZ and SHEPPARD and FORTEAU.

Yesterday, you all had a chance to STAND UP AN BE COUNTED and you all WIMPED OUT.

Where is GREGORY LINDSAY with all his BIG TALK about the MEMBERSHIP BEING THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY -- as they CAPITULATED yesterday?

PAN TRINNBAGO is BACKWARDNESS!!! And it will continue to be BACKWARDNESS for the NEXT TWO GENERATIONS.

Ah shoulda really listen to THE ARTIST LADY and leave this BACKWARDNESS to BACKWARD PEOPLE!!!

• DESPERATE, you say........

Nah.....CIP patiently waited for the pig to stew in it's own fat......

Wait nah....yuh thought some of the hustling around dem CIP fellas was doing, was desperation?......Nah Claude,dem fellas was mamaguying people......Dat was all show.

Anyway....new court actions nullified,by unexpectedly agreeing with both, Diaz and Forteau & Co.

CIP was about drip,drip,drip,drip.....and the now fully charged membership chorused with, "we eh want no more talk,on with the election"...probably the shortest general meeting ever.

Backwardness yuh say.......Claude, ah hear your opinion.....but ah waiting to see people's manifestos,and see the plans,policy,actions of the winning candidates......before ah make any pronouncement on their service.

In Pan!

• Yes Claude,Forteau & Co did decide on those dates in a meeting.

Diaz insisted he is guided by the following

ARTICLE 8 - OFFICERS:

THE PRESIDENT
    1. Shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Association and shall preside over all meetings of the Central Executive Committee and of the General Body.

5. Shall be the recognized agent of the Association for the purposes of executing all official documents which may be required to be executed by or on behalf of the Association and of corresponding and answering all correspondence sent to the Association.

7. Shall be responsible for the summoning of all meetings of the Association by giving directions to the Secretary of the Association for the issue of notices to members entitled to attend same of the relevant particulars in respect of such meetings.

10. Shall be the final authority on all releases or public pronouncements made by the Association.

CIP knows that Forteau & Co are guardians of the Constitution,and they know the difference between May and Shall.

CIP also know that Diaz follows the letter of the Constitution,and he knows what shall means.

Forteau & Co says the power of these is their rod and staff:

3. The Central Executive Committee shall have and exercise all of the powers of the Convention in the management of the Association during the intervals between the Conventions and General Meetings of the General Body.

4. Meetings of the Central Executive Committee shall be convened once in each calendar month or at such shorter intervals as may be deemed necessary by the President of the Executive Committee.

5. Unless otherwise determined a quorum of five (5) members eligible to vote present at the time the meeting is ready to proceed to business shall constitute a quorum for the purposes of the Central Executive Committee.

CIP had this to rely on

PART B. CENTRAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

11. The decisions of the Central Executive Committee on any matter concerning the Association shall be final unless the same are overruled, amended, repealed or otherwise modified by a General Meeting of the General Body.

CIP decided to move a motion that all reports be posponed,and election be carded for Oct.28 th and nomination day be Oct 1st. This mirrored the dates Forteau & Co had in the document they gave to delegates,before the meeting. 

Diaz cannot now say that Forteau & Co decided the day of elections in an illegal meeting,and Forteau & Co cannot say Diaz or the membership acted illegally by not accepting the dates, they advertised for the elections.

CIP recognizes that the election process has always been shrouded in mystery,such as:

How many member bands? still not official as of last night.

How many are financial?

Who records,keep,and controls the election information?

Claude ah starving....ah going and cook.....ah going an cook some meat in it's own juices,dat way takes a bit longer than usual,but ah doh mind wukking ah bit harder and waiting ah little longer....ah know it go taste better than anything I had recently.....

In Pan!

• Oswald: TEN THOUSAND PAN MEN!!! TWENTY THOUSAND MEMBERS of WHEN STEEL TALKS ... and only TWO PEOPLE could see THE LIGHT.

PAN IS DOOMED!!!

• Claude , yuh ever hear them talk about a dependency syndrome ?

Because that's what it is with Pan Trinbago.

Pan people seems to have convinced themselves that Pan Trinbago is indispensable , when it isn't.

Because , if you think about it , the only real function PT serves is to manage and distribute the government funds to the steelbands of T&T via a business model they created called Panorama.

Everything else can be done without them by community organizing , etc.

Do not fear , because

(1) there will always be steelbands , pan yards and Pan People in T&T, it's deeply ingrained in the culture.

And (2) I'm sure other, more efficient "business models" can be found to distribute available  government funding to steelbands , if we use our intellect and imagination.

And BTW , I'm pretty sure that the corporation called Pan Trinbago "owns"  the concept and entity we know as "Panorama" 

• Gregory Lindsay: I thought that you tell me that THE MEMBERSHIP OF PAN TRINBAGO was the HIGHEST AUTHORITY. And then yuh tell me that at the continuation meeting today ANY QUORUM could make BINDING DECISIONS.

Next thing I know -- yesterday -- Forteau and Joseph preemptively OVER-TRUMPED today's meeting by setting their own election date.

And then they stated: "Please be guided by information coming out of the secretariat."

Please EXPLAIN all this to me, MR. GREGORY LINDSAY!!!

This reply was deleted.