Pan Trinbago launches new company ATTSDC

Pan Trinbago Inc. will be launching its new subsidiary.

The entity, the Africa Trinidad &Tobago Steelpan Development Company Limited (ATTSDC), will be introduced to the Trinidad & Tobago community today, Tuesday 10th July, at the Hyatt Regency, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain, Trinidad, at 6:00 pm.

Several key persons are listed to address the invitation-only gathering.

The Hon. Winston Dookeran, Minister of Foreign Affairs will deliver the feature address. Other speakers include His Excellency Musa John Jen, High Commissioner of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, Mrs. Ladi Franklin, Co-Chair Nigeria Trinidad & Tobago Chamber, Messrs. Keith Diaz and Richard Forteau, President and Secretary of Pan Trinbago respectively.

Aside from the formal proceedings, guests will be entertained by four-time Panorama Champions, Exodus Steel Orchestra, and Pan Maestro Len “Boogsie” Sharpe.

The ATTSDC had its official launch in London, England, in May.

From the News Desk of Pan Trinbago
Angela A. Fox - Media/Communications

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greetings I have read the interesting comments from Chief Bowie Vision. Correction. The history of the steel drum started in Point in the 1920's and about 5,000 drums were manufactured weekly. In 1939 the 24 gauge drums were introduced with about 300  produced per day. Drum production peaked in 1954 when drum  reached 1,136,000 annually. India and Australia got into the act of producing drums. The US never produced the drums in Trinidad. Guidance Dr. Lance Seunarine ( From Who Dey Who Dey Manicou Dey )

• Pan'tum:  Greetings! The event with Dr. Rashidi is for free according to Priest Duggie. Guidance, For those who might want an autographed copy, please indicate so when you order the book(s) and don't forget to indicate WST on the form.  Dr. Lance Seunarine

• Thanks, Doc. I will contact Dr. Rashidi on Facebook, and see you in two weeks. Shem Em Hotep.

Pan'tum/Ghost

• QUESTIONS: Is it "sane" to enter into a business relationship/partnership with a company you know nothing of? Is it "sane" to believe that we all come back as "snakes in the morning" for being sinners? Is it "sane" to believe that Black skin is a curse, and slavery is God's way of punishing people, who were bad in their former lives? Is it "sane" to believe that if you sin, you will have to come back as "Black slaves serving White masters"? If those are "sane" positions, then, I am guilty of being "insane".

Ghost - Who Knows The Chief Better Try Voodoo Next. This "Insane" Label applies to the ONES, making such "business decisions", and promoting the above statements. Not me. (Continue to make yourself look foolish, Chief; the "intellects" on this WST site, ALL know who is "insane", and who is "genius"!!!)

• Greetings: Let us pledge to purchase more than 7 books for the month of August so that the Retirement Fund can reach a thousand TT dollars for the month of August. Guidance and blessings. Dr Lance Seunarine

• Sounds like a plan, Doc. Maybe, the "multimillionaires" and their cheerleaders can put their big money where their big mouths are, and put themselves down to not only purchase, but to match your contributions. Then again, as they stated, the local pan worker is not their concern. Becoming "No. 1" is!!!

Ghost

• Greetings This Friday Morning. I give thanks and blessings to all for this glorious day. Some may be less fortunate than others but we share what we have even our love so that we can be all be filled. Thanks Cecil and Pantun for helping to push the sales of the book.  We have sold 7 books so far but we will prevail. Pantun I will call you. Don't let any one kill your spirit you are an educator. You  know your subject matter so continue to .teach Guidance  Dr. Lance Seunarine 

• When yuh look at de people playing pan on Pan Trinbago's website, what do you notice, as it relates to "race"? Then look at the people behind the "Digital Pan" app, that Pan Trinbago endorses. Who playing pan, and who getting paid from pan, when it comes to "race"? At least we have an African looking to get paid. I really better hush meh mout, over this ATTSDC thing. Sorry local Black people of Trinidad & Tobago; all you care about is playing ah tune, once every Panorama season. AMAZING!!! 

http://www.pantrinbago.co.tt/

Ghost.

• Pan People don't forget our RETIREMENT FUND buy a book and support. www.tricanbooks.com.

• Thanks for the reminder, Cecil. I'm getting mine, when I purchase an autographed copy from the Doc himself. (Right, Dr. Lance? You got me?) Funny how it's the "small business" author, is the one making this gesture, and not either of the "Big Three" of the ATTSDC. The Millionaires Club is accepting applications, and certain folks are certainly positing themselves for membership. I honor Dr. Lance's sincere effort, and I think we all should. Hotep, Cecil.

Ghost.

This reply was deleted.