Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music
1. It is time you come to your senses and add American musicians as Judges into Panorama as you've done in past music festivals.
2.Why? Some of the Trinidad Judges are not honest, creative or observant. They all have bands they support and you can see them in the pan yards smiling and drinking with the arrangers and leaders.
3. Example: AllStars Steel Orchestra recycle the same introduction and arrangements every year and they fail to recognize this.
4. Go to YouTube and listen to their 2013 and 2014 introductions along with this year's 2015 song and you will find the same two note chords phrase. According to The Mighty Chalkdust it's the same "BLUE PRINT" with different songs.
5. Your organization makes a lot of chatter about change and new technology yet you're using the same judging system every year.
6. I agree with Boogsie Sharpe on too many single pan bands. You are going back to the 1945 era.
7. There is too much competition in a short period of time. Pan Around the Neck panorama should be held on Republic Day.
8. Many people think you charge too much to enter the competition hence the reason for the 2014 show low attendance
9. However, your main failure is not having panorama on Pay-per-View throughout the the world.
10. You've also botched deals with BET and local television stations because some of your officers are more intent on asking for too much instead of taking a little and living longer.
11. It is very backward in this day and age of technology that Pan Lovers can't watch the competition on cable.
12. Finally, panorama is excellent for the advancement of the panist musical skills and music festivals should also be updated.
I'll be back.
Over the years ,thjs has been a regular occurrence.
I am sorry to sound like a broken record but if you have the same arrangers doing the same band year after year, you will get repetitive output. In the seventies and eighties All Stars could not win with the mighty Jit played the same thing year after year and it was a Jit / Robbie competition only punctuated by Hatters. Fonclaire came with a blast and was shunned for being a South band. Even when Eddie did an outstanding performance and took All Stars to the final they could not win because he lived in the US at the time. All Stars were the only band to be asked for an encore in Panorama history. Tunes like Curry Tabanca was ground braking at the time and totally different to what was being played at the time by Renegades and Desperado's as a result, All Stars was snubbed and Smooth got disheartened. He took a 10 year hiatus from arranging, coming back to arrange what the judges wanted to hear and not what he wanted to play. What goes around comes around. Give it time it will change again.
I too am an All Stars fan and I placed Fonclaire at No 1 with Renegades 2 Even Birdsong would be in my final. It is a real shame…they are just paving the way for a Phase II Victory.
Fonclaire, Tropical Angel Harps, Silver Stars and Invaders were the best of the lot LAST NITE.
Invaders went Reto this year with Baron's "This Melody Sweet" not the same from the last few years, arranger Arddin Herbert the last few years went with Rambunction's compositions. What's interesting, they beat Despers with a 3 point difference in the semis. Lets see how they perform in the finals.
Tropical Angel Harps and Renegades….best bands at the semis...
You are disillusioned Kirk Chase… not only does Boogsie rework his old music he also reworks other peoples work too…. Very smart of him. Jump High by Boogsie is really a rework of Witco Desperados Fire Coming Down played at a J’ouvert morning jam pace by Phase II and a slightly different tone.