Pan Trinbago logoTrinidad & Tobago, W.I. - Pan Trinbago T.C. Inc. has been invited to visit the Cultural Academy for Excellence, Inc. (CAFÉ) in Maryland, U.S.A. from June 3 through June 10, 2019.

The invitation was extended by Ms. Lorna Green, CEO and Founder of the CAFÉ. Ms. Denise L.J. Hernandez, Secretary and Mr. Marcus Ash, Education Officer will be representing the organization.

....In the letter of invitation, CAFÉ noted that it is delighted with Pan Trinbago’s programmatic focus on support for the Nations youths.  

read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Almost three months after Panorama and no word on whether it was profitable or not (Players were promised a stipend if it was successful). Months after election and no word on the Forensic Report. Months later and no word on why the PRO resigned. Months after they paid for Diaz trip to Clifford Alexis funeral no explanation. So much for Progress and Transparency. Now we have a PR jaunt to CAFE. The more things change,..........

• Ingrid take a look at this  - THE STEEL TIMES

https://weteachpan.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Steel-Times-VOL2_... 

They weren't even invited to table to make a fool of themselves. Now, I'm not saying that these colonizers should be validating anything in Pan, but Pan Trinbago needs to accomplish something other than running Panorama.

You would think they would now behave in a manner that makes them look halfway intelligent about their current status.

bugs

• In the letter of invitation, CAFÉ noted that it is delighted with Pan Trinbago’s programmatic focus on support for the Nations youths.

“As a consequence, CAFÉ is interested in collaborating with Pan Trinbago to promote the steelpan as a premier vehicle for advancing art-based education in primary and secondary schools.#

The Rainmakers - A Tropical Journey in Percussion and Steel

CHIP IN DE RAIN

The Rainmakers perform a traditional 'fancy sailor' dance

The Rainmakers - A Tropical Journey in Percussion and Steel
    Golden Hands Steel Ensemble, UWI Percussion Ensemble & Alfred Aguition

https://www.amazon.com/Rainmakers-Tropical-Journey-Percussion-Steel...

• CAFÉ is an award-winning not-for-profit organization founded in 1996. The program features an Afterschool and Saturday Academy which uses the performing arts to improve the academic performance of students in grades 1-12, with the steelpan as the instrument of choice.

“CAFÉ recognizes the fact that Trinidad & Tobago remains at the forefront of the global steelpan movement and believes that partnership with Pan Trinbago would raise the level of performance and musicianship amongst youth in the United States, and also strengthen the impact of steelpan as a representative of cultural excellence, distinction and intelligence.

https://whensteeltalks.ning.com/video/the-cultural-academy-for-exce...

The Cultural Academy for Excellence (CAFE)

• At the President's sole discretion, she may appoint to the invited delegation in her capacity, who she best believes that will best fulfil the outcome of this valuable diasporan exercise.

Given the Secretary's long and valuable service in the education sector, and the Education's Officer's specific mandate, and this specific event's programmatic focus on Youth and Education, I suspect they may have been given the nod.

It can be said that even though yes it is an activity within the ERO's portfolio, which is certainly a wide umbrella...that compasses the GLOBE, delegating this events activity to appropriately qualified officials, by the President, certainly allows a framework to the area for which it is intended.

• Gregory 

Is there anyone on the Pan Trinbago executive who could run a steelband or any Pan organization successfully in America? The UK? Japan?

We already know how miserably they failed in Africa?

bugs

• Bugs:  I have to say, I had to chuckle to myself when I read this paragraph:

“CAFÉ recognizes the fact that Trinidad & Tobago remains at the forefront of the global steelpan movement and believes that partnership with Pan Trinbago would raise the level of performance and musicianship amongst youth in the United States, and also strengthen the impact of steelpan as a representative of cultural excellence, distinction and intelligence.”

If Pan Trinbago cannot help those pan people in Trinidad and Tobago, what can they do in the US?  Charity begins at home!!

• GREGORY: All kinda people does get VEX WITH MEH on THIS FORUM but all your responses to me are always TEMPERED and CIVIL!!! So we is PARDNERS for life.

If you get THE ERO JOB (forget that PRO JOB -- yuh BIGGER THAN THAT) I will work WITH YOU OFFLINE. Because it eh have NOBODY in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD who have a BETTER GLOBAL VISION FOR PAN THAN ME!!!

And here is my OLIVE BRANCH!!! If BEVERLEY give you that ERO JOB -- I will stop criticizing her ON THIS FORUM.

What a deal, BRO!!!

I know that THE PRESIDENT have all the POWER -- yuh talking to a TRUMP SUPPORTER. But still there has to be REASON associated with THE POWER!!!

Anyway, tell BEVERLEY about my OLIVE BRANCH!!! And ah hope she appoint you that ERO JOB.

Yuh doing a good job as ACTING PRO -- but after yuh write that passage on GLOBALIZING PAN yuh stock went up in my books. Yuh BIGGER THAN PRO!!!

• Well, if MARCUS ASH going, I supporting that!!!

But I would think that the ERO of PAN TRINBAGO is the one who should be accompanying him, right GREGORY LINDSAY!!!

This reply was deleted.