Pan Trinbago Vs The PNM

B U D G E T - The most repetitive word on the lips of this sitting executive of Pan Trinbago. 

Why is this sitting executive of Pan Trinbago continually bullying the government of the day and painting a flawed picture of the responsible minister in the eyes of the public? The government of the day must never be held accountable for the inefficiency of the sitting executive at Duke and Melbourne Streets.

Considering Pan Trinbago's handling of the Scholarship Scandal, why should the government of Trinidad and Tobago entrust them with resources for pan education? To share with whom they please as if it were theirs to do what they want with it? The sitting executive of Pan Trinbago has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted with the equitable distribution of anything entrusted to them, especially as it relates to the dissatisfaction of ALL STEELBANDS south of the Caroni river with very very few exceptions. 

The "dog whistle" this executive of Pqn Trinbago is blowing, subtly attacking the government at every opportunity is dangerous and malicious. Steelband leaders must not  allow themselves to be drawn into this proxy political campaign being waged against the government out of Pan Trinbago's headquarters. Steelband leaders from Trinidad must not allow themselves to be recruited to campaign for Tobagonian politicians opposed to and desirous of unseating the sitting government 

Steelband leaders must take note of the freeness that reigned on the evening of  Saturday September 21st 2019. Is an audit necessary? How much did it cost? Why was the South central region of Pan Trinbago excluded from the party? Why this emphasis on the east west corridor Pan Trinbago?  

1. Free Return Tickets for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
  2. Free Accommodation for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
  3. Free Food and drink for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
  4. Free Rented vehicles for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 

This precedent is worrying, a National Panorama Finals in Tobago shall be a (financial) disaster is the conclusion of many, although the lure of freeness may have already clouded their vision, and many are already looking forward to their week of freeness paid for by already burdened taxpayers. 

As grievances against the government mount, agendas become more clear.

• CARIFESTA - Public and open disrespect for The Minister of Culture
  • PAN IN SCHOOLS - Open attack on The Minister of Education and The Minister of Culture (while praising and expressing sympathy for public servants)
  • MEDIUM BANDS PANORAMA FINALS 2020 - ???

The most repetitive word on the lips of this sitting executive of Pan Trinbago.  B U D G E T

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The "dog whistle" this executive of Pan Trinbago is blowing, subtly attacking the government at every opportunity is dangerous and malicious. Steelband leaders must not  allow themselves to be drawn into this proxy political campaign being waged against the government out of Pan Trinbago's headquarters. Steelband leaders from Trinidad must not allow themselves to be rec...

1. Free Return Tickets for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
    2. Free Accommodation for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
    3. Free Food and drink for national and regional executive members (except south/central) 
    4. Free Rented vehicles for national and regional executive members (except south/central)

a mean, I can call Mr. P all kinder a thing but I can't call him a lair.

still, this can not be true

I can't believe my eyes.

somebody, wake me up

I have to be dreaming

• Please bear in mind that THA elections are due in 2021, and it is criminal for state funds channeled through The NCC to Pan Trinbago to be used to support the political ambition of any member of that Pan Trinbago executive. 

It is criminal for any elected member of the sitting Pan Trinbago executive to use their office to support the political ambition of another sitting member, by using the organization to launch attacks on the responsible minister and the government to which a member may be opposed. Pan Trinbago is not a political platform, and must not be used as such.

1. The Carifesta attack on the minister of culture by Dane Gulston was unwarranted and foolish.
    2. The Pan In Schools attack on The Minister of Education by Marcus Ash is unwarranted and foolish.

The continued attacks on the government of the day by executive members of Pan Trinbago, encouraged and supported by politicians opposed to those holding the reigns of power is distasteful. 

• "... why should the government of Trinidad and Tobago entrust them with resources for pan education? To share with whom they please as if it were theirs to do what they want with it?"

You and Aquil Arrindell agreed recently that THE PAN CULTURE HAS TO CHANGE.

But the problem is that you just don't say ABRACADABRA and the MENTALITY of PAN TRINBAGO and STEELBAND LEADERS and PLAYERS will change.

You say "BUDGET" and I say "GIMME GIMME"!!! And once the "BUDGET" or the "GIMME GIMME" is distributed -- THE CORRUPTION BEGINS and the money disappears and we are right back begging THE PNM for a BIGGER BUDGET or a NEW MINISTRY OF PAN, next time around.

ROWLEY could allocate $100,000,000 for PANS in EVERY SCHOOL IN TRINIDAD and TOBAGO -- and the FIRST CORRUPTION will be a set of GARBAGE (SUB-STANDARD)  PANS dumped in MOST OF THE SCHOOLS (especially COUNTRY SCHOOLS) while the TUNERS and PAN BROKERS walk away with HALF THE MONEY!!!

Hell, there is such a SHORTAGE of QUALITY  PAN TUNERS in TRINIDAD right now that reputable TUNERS are buying low quality PANS from QUACK TUNERS and selling the PANS to REPUTABLE STEELBANDS under their BRAND NAME. Only to have the STEELBANDS spending more money bringing in BLENDERS from all directions trying to make the PANS sound HALF WAY DECENT.

So you could imagine if the SCHOOL SYSTEM suddenly makes this BIG DEMAND for PAN IN EVERY SCHOOL. And our CULTURE has not reached the point where there will a QUALITY CONTROL department in the MUSIC PROGRAM making sure that the PAN TUNERS meet ACCEPTABLE STANDARDS of MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. And given the culture, that quality control music teacher might even TAKE A BRIBE and let the GARBAGE PANS slide into the school system as they  did under KEITH DIAZ and RICHARD FORTEAU.

That is why I so wanted to see a REAL PROFESSIONAL like LAWFORD DUPRES get a chance to CHANGE THE CHANGE. But here we are today mired in charges of CORRUPTION (real or imagined) with as simple a project  like ISSUING 20 SCHOLARSHIPS to some STEELBANDS.

Could you imagine the MADNESS if ROWLEY wake up and HAND OVER $200,000,000 to BEVERLEY and say: here is your BUDGET for PAN IN SCHOOLS ... go ahead and provide the  INSTRUMENTS!!!

Russell Providence will not have enough INK in his CYBER PEN to describe THE CORRUPTION.

So, as usual, plenty TALK but the ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS to IMPLEMENT are desperately lacking.

• Mr Gonzles, I am looking at Joseph Maguire bobbing and weaving his way through difficult questioning on the hill.

Do you believe that The EO of Pan Trinbago is acting in good faith sir?

• Mr. Providence: I am not a BIG ARRANGER looking for a job to TEACH PAN IN SCHOOLS -- so I then have to advocate for PUTTING PANS in EVERY SCHOOL in TRINIDAD & TOBAGO ... so money could run.

And I am not looking for a JOB in PAN TRINBAGO -- although I do believe that I could handle the ERO JOB sitting right here at my computer. All I need is an email address (claudegonzales@pantrinbago.co.tt).

Added to that, my only DREAM in this whole PAN TING is to hear some GLOBAL PAN MUSIC coming out of TRINIDAD. Ah fed up talk about that but in my heart I know that THE TALENT is not there. We doh have no ANDY NARELL or JONATHAN SCALES.

Furthermore, I am not on the BEVERLEY BANDWAGON being nice so that MY STEELBAND could make it to the FINALS. Doh mix me up with GREGORY LINDSAY.

But to answer your question: After hearing BEVERLEY RAMSEY-MOORE calling the name MARCUS ASH about 20 times during the election campaign, I realized that she was going to be relying EXTREMELY HEAVILY on MARCUS ASH once they WON OFFICE. So I checked out MARCUS ASH and I believe that he is THE MOST TALENTED ADMINISTRATOR that PAN TRINBAGO has ever seen.

Actually, MARCUS ASH is the first EXECUTIVE of PAN TRINBAGO that I could actually work with. If BEVERLEY throws away all that COLONIAL FORMALITY and let me and MARCUS runs with some MUSIC PROJECTS -- I think that we could reach some far corners of the earth with PAN MUSIC.

Let me stop THE DANCING: I think that MARCUS ASH is WORKING OVERTIME in GOOD FAITH to move PAN FORWARD in TRINIDAD and TOBAGO. But if BEVERLEY steps aside and let me work directly with MARCUS ASH -- I think that his contributions to PAN in TRINIDAD and TOBAGO could be multiplied.

Look -- yuh make meh tip meh hand (contradict mehself) and BEG FOR AH JOB in PAN TRINBAGO!!!

This reply was deleted.