Sonatas launch completes the great steelband music weekend as bands come out to play New York, USA - This was the final leg of the great pan weekend - Sonatas’ launch at D’Radoes Panyard. With two other highly successful legs (Despers USA and Pantonic) to the three-day band launch-fest already in the bag, Sonatas was left to write the final chapter on this weekend. And Sonatas - now cast into the role of closer, stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam. Outstanding! A perfect event it was not - but it was very good and successful. Moreover, it was by the pan people for pan people. click for more
Find more videos like this on When Steel Talks

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This weekend was all about pan. It was truly one of the great weekends of pan. Sonatas was awesome on Saturday but Pantonic was very sophisticated on Sunday. They stole the show. All the bands played very very well.
  • I was there and was a bit disappointed with how it went. It was supposed to be a pan show, but for some strange reason it turned out to be about the DJ and al ot of Soca music and Soca artiste, using up most of the time, they used up a lot of time which should have gone to the steelbands, we came to support the pan not the DJ and the Soca singers. There is a time when they would be appreciated but Sunday night was not the time.
    That being said, the steelbands were all terrific every one gave a good account of themselves it was a treat for Panlovers, whoever missed this really missed a great opportunity to listen to good Steelband music.
    I was very - very impressed with the Pantonic steelband they were really great. I am looking out forward for D,radoes launching on Saturday 15th August at their panyard, that should also be a grand affair. [Support our Pan we invented it. Love it up. Pan is our Mother. Love her.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HARMONY IS DE BEST
  • Must have been a great weekend.Will see and hear you all at Panorama GOD willing.
    • I really enjoyed myself. It was a great weekend for pan in New York. The bands were fabulous.
  • Len "Boogsie" Sharpe said pan was rising in 1986. I say pan has risen in 2009.

Ian Franklin
  • Wish I was there...
    Please tell me when the DVDs are ready! :-)
    • Hi WerNer;

I heard the event was awesome. All the band played very well.

Thanks WST for the great coverage.
    • I was there for one of the shows. It was great.

bugs
This reply was deleted.