Share News

Patrick ‘Panman Pat’ McNeilly Toronto, Canada - For Patrick “Panman Pat” McNeilly, singing and playing to musical beats was more appealing that walking the beat.

After four years on the job as a Toronto Police Service constable assigned to 14 Division, McNeilly resigned in 1972 to pursue a cultural career.

The only steelpan player at the inaugural Caribbean Carnival in the city five years earlier, he introduced the musical instrument as a formal high school music credit in the Toronto District School Board, published Hands on Steelpan”: Teachers Guide and Student Companion to the Art of Playing Steelpan and adjudicated several Toronto District Catholic School Board music festivals.
read more

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Pat you deserve all the recognition you are a pioneer in this industry and I would go on to say an elder statesman for this art form

• Great cultural growth for the Trinidad and Tobago Steelpan, thank you Pat.

PK Hummingbird Steel Orchestra

Niagara region

• Greetings Patrick,

Can you give me some information on your band PK Hummingbird Steel Orchestra ... I am writing a paper that includes Bands in the Ontario province my email ( sal_wils@hotmail.com)

Salah

• Congrats Pat, you certainly put pan on the map for Canada. Blessings.
  • He is  a Pro playing and teaching the pans.My sinere Best to Pan Man

• Congrats Panman Pat ,it was and honour to be there and part of it ,thanks for letting me jam with you some ,keep on doing what your are doing ....

• Congratulation Panman Pat,

This is an honour and an award that you truly deserve. You certainly have put in a lot for Pan, here in Canada. Those of us who know you personally are glad to be your friend, but you also make us all proud for your contributions and achievements

A real Panman to the bone

Blessings

Salah

This reply was deleted.