Replies

• I listened to Pelham's latest offering of gold. This years version has a few snippets from the 1977 recording..nearing the end of the arrangement..just saying.

• I have a problem with Pelham doing the same tune the did in 1997 for 3rd World. He should not be allowed to compete with the Same Song Having the Same Melody. Nothing has changed but the Lyrics. He should be judged as playing a old tune he arranged and not a 2013 piece. This is a Travesty! I think that this is selfish and unfair to Exodus. If they make the finals the Band will be Victimised and Punished.

• How is  this an advantage for Pelham? This is a different era. A different band, with different players and different judges. It's not like he won with this song in Trinidad before. Give Pelham some credit. He is an outstanding musician. If he wins, it's the competitions fault. They were not good enough to beat Pelham. I'm sure Boogsie and Smooth isn't crying over this.

bugs

• With all due respect to Pelham, I find it hard understanding why he choose this song, why he didn't composed his own song instead back with a song that cause him grief in the past. Maybe it's that age old lesson playing here that "if at first you don't succeed try and try again"

• Thank you Pan Times for using the different colours to Highlight the Pan Songs and Bands, it makes it very easy on the eyes and mind.

• Wettin’

sung by Kerwin Du Bois

composed by Kerwin Du Bois & Kasey Phillips

click for lyrics, picture, bio...

Tune of choice: Pamberi, Mt. Moriah Pan Movement

• ‘Splinters’

sung by “Keet Styla”

composed by Tellison Forde

Tune of choice: Panatics

• ‘She Ready’

sung by Machel Montano

composed by J. St. Lewis-Noray, M. Montano & K. Phillips

Tune of choice: Codrington Pan Family, Moods, Music Makers

• ‘Champions’

sung by Chucky

composed by Carlon Harewood

lyrics by Gerelle Forbes

Tune of Choice:  Merrytones, Central Symphony, Casablanca, Morvant Ebonites, Sangre Grande Cordettes

• ‘Shock Attack’

sung by Denyse Plummer

composed by Edwin Pouchet

lyrics by Alvin Daniell

Tune of choice: Silver Stars, Renegades, Power Stars, Dixieland, T&T Music Stars, Antillean All Stars, Old Tech Steel Orchestra

This reply was deleted.