When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Ok people it's that time of the year when we make our pick for panorama 2014, pick as many as you like.

Here's how I see it.

1 Phase ll

2 XO

3 Despers and Renegades

4 All Stars

5 Fonclaire

6 Skiffle        

Views: 6957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ay ay...

bugs

Arthur boi wey yuh wah meh do?  Phase ll is meh band. As far as the other bands and arrangers go, there is one ah them whole tune is ah run, one run in the tune for 8mins. the other just like to play a lot of notes. I admit that I am one ah them fellars that doh pay attention to small bands but ah starting too because meh boi Zandais in that group now.

Doh worry about Sugar Aloes he said never in South again, dey pelt him with toilet paper and someone hit him with ah Roti.

Ah hope Sugar aloes get hit with ah  Dalpurie and not Bust up shot, Ah like mey Dal too bad, I guess Ray like he Roti too, but this year the Wedding going into ah Divorce, ah hope the Bride eh Pregnant, lol

Arthur: You are KILLING ME with this "SOUTH THING" when serious TOWN BANDS getting ready to play SERIOUS MUSIC and compete for the PANORAMA TITLE 2014.

If ah SOUTH BAND end up in the TOP THREE then all the MURDERS in TRINIDAD will fall to ZERO in the MONTH OF MARCH ... I PROMISE!!!

NOBODY eh listening to ONE thru FIVE ... then EXODUS wakes up the crowd with a FOURTH PLACE performance.

People gone back to sleep/drinking/liming/bathrooming/whatever.

At position NUMBER NINE is TOWN BAND -- ALL STARS!!! Pan now start to PLAY.

Then PHASE II ... then RENEGADES!!!

HYSTERIA!!! BEDLAM!!! HEARTS RACING!!! MAN JUMPING OUT DEY SEAT!!! The BIG THREE in a BLANKET FINISH at MIDNIGHT!!! 

SOUTH BANDS done pack dey truck and heading back home!!!

In the American Ghetto, this is called KEEPING IT REAL, DUDE!!!

Even SKIFFLE (MISTER RAY) biggest supporter done TURN TAILl!!

PAN IS PORT-OF-SPAIN -- so doh try to RAIN on the PANORAMA PARADE!!!

Everyone will be in shock come Sunday morning.

1. Skiffle
  2. Phase 2
  3. All Stars
  4. Exodus
  5. Renegades

Ray is a genius and likewise I wish but as the ole saying goes "if wishes were horses beggars would ride" 

My picks are
(1) Renegades
(2) All stars
(3) Phase 2
(4 ) Exodus
(5) Silver Stars
I would like to see Liam win but being realistic after hearing The Reason , I have decided to put them fifth.
I don't think any South Band will be in the first five .
Just remember friends we all have our own picks so don't respond to this with any offensive comments.
Blessings .

Gons: Is only two men on the whole forum of 12000+ who have to resort to "offensive comments" (social misfits) -- so doh let dem intimidate yuh!

Liam pick ah bad song!

If the Panorama is not Rigged, which is something that We really don't know for sure. I believe that the Judges are doing a Wonderful Job. A lot of us keep saying that the Judges must arrange A Panorama Piece as a criteria to be a Judge. This is Bull Shit. These people has a Criteria to guide them, plus they are all learned Musicians. There is a System that was agreed on by all Steelbands, that is, the Highest and the Lowest Scores from each Judge would be eliminated so that no Judge cant Reward or Punish any Band that they like or Dislike. The remaining three (3) Scores are then tabulated and we get the Final Results. I think that this is Fair.

"Bull Shit"? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Phase ll/Renegades

3.Despers/Skiffle

5.Angel Harps/Allstars

7.Invaders/Exodus

9.Fonclaire/Nightingales

11. Silver stars

I agree about the song choice for Silver Stars Claude , I also mentioned this to Liam. I asked him if he could change it to one that people knows , as I heard even some of the judges didn't know The Reason also.
I am of the belief a popular song will always win panorama for a band , this is because people will know the song and appreciate the arrangements even more . I remember one time most of the bands in South played the same song . Just different arrangements. Blessings.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service