When Steel Talks

Everything Related to the Steelpan Instrument and Music

Ok people it's that time of the year when we make our pick for panorama 2014, pick as many as you like.

Here's how I see it.

1 Phase ll

2 XO

3 Despers and Renegades

4 All Stars

5 Fonclaire

6 Skiffle        

Views: 6957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cecil, I got the first two correct i.e.Renegades, Despers. The judges seem to think that the Phase and the Stars should always be one/two.

I hate to disagree with you, Patrick, cause then I would be right.
But sometimes the judges do get it correct and will render AllStars and the Phase one/two, respectively. They are only human. lol

patrick, all it takes is one point and I am thankful that my band got it. All the bands performed well but I am disappointed that the judges gave Ray the Andy treatment. Speaking about Andy I hope he saw what he has to do to take part in panorama.

MerryTonesToTheBone, Ting to cry, yuh laffing!?! lol ha ha ha
Did you enjoy the Panorama, THIS MORNING?
Hope you did!!

boy I fall asleep … after Despers the next I know is results callin'… but I'm not surprised that Phase II won…Boogsie is never to be taken for granted…hard luck All Stars…God doh sleep….lol…even after 34 years…take that in yuh rookoongkutungtung…lol

MerryTonesToTheBone Boy, nobody is ever to be taken for granted in Panorama.
And nobody was last night.
You sleep through Panorama 2014. And I had to stay up till 4:30am. So I going and set meh alarm clock and put meh rookoongkutungtung to sleep. Or I go miss the whole Carnival. LOL....

Peter….. You should write a book this is an excellent read.. I am an All Stars supporter however I stand by whatever the judges decide without a negative vibe

Much thanks, Martin. You're too kind. Glad you enjoyed the read.
Did you by chance read my bit back in 2012 when YOUR band, All Stars won with "Play Yuhself"?
It was a response to a post at the time by Mr. Cecil Hinkson, a faithful and prolific contributor to these forums.
By the way I do stand by whatever the judges decide albeit I am occasionally 'floored' by some of their decisions. LOL

The Master of Steel Orchestra harmonics strikes again.  Mr.Sharpe you a super bad boy.

On this day after panorama the winner of the FORUM PAN PERSON OF THE YEAR award goes to SWEET AND SOUR.

I would like to personally congratulate Sweet and Sour on being the first ever winner of this prestigious award and hope that you utilize your prizes, especially the one that gives you permission to make as much post as you like on the forum.

To Mr Valentine Young you were disqualified because you made your post after hearing all the bands do their run trough on the Drag.     [nice try Val]

Cecil My Bro. Honestly I made My Picks after hearing all the Bands. But needs to be disqualified for not picking after hearing the Bands at the Semi's. I enjoyed the Camradre and Love Your Discussion caused. One of the Best discussions ever. Great Mind and great job. I give You a Special Prize for this. Text me & 347-254-5548 & Whats app or normal Text message and I will post a CD to you with any Pan Music You desire I have Vast Collection. Ask Bede He will tell You. Email Me @. PANVALBOY@YAHOO.COM

Val, You know what music me and my friend Jeffery (Jeffers) Pierre been looking for, West side symphony playing "Little drummer boy" at a carols and classic show @ Queens hall. That have to be like 1965 or 1966. Or it could be from any time or venue  as long as it's  Little drummer boy by West side symphony. (if anybody else have it I appreciate it, It's for my friend "Jeffers" whom I taught to play a Tenor in West side 1965. Thank you my fellow Comrades.

RSS

© 2020   Created by When Steel Talks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service