Replies

• Garvin Adams, you post does not really say to whom or what are you really replying to. If it is to what I have stated, (not sure) clarify as I am only stating what is being said by pan people with influence,it's not my view.

Are you local or foreign based?

• Old as??? Go play with something that you can handle and leave panorama alone.
  • The talk around is ELIMINATE THE MEDIUM BAND CATEGORY. You are either large or small.The point the people are pushing is that all medium bands go with the maximum of 90 players, 10 short of being a large band,so you can easily qualify to be large,or drop the figure for large to 90, then you have panyard prelims to select 20 for semis and 10 for finals. Some medium bands will not like this. It is alleged that some go there because they don't want to be up against the top arrangers. Then you will have single pan and small band finals on the same day with 10 large bands on the Saturday.

This is being thrown around and is getting some positive feed back.

• Gerard, It seems like the other arrangers are intimidated by the Big time arrangers, this is a plus for the big time arrangers they beat the others by Fear, and that's the truth.

• Does anybody knows if the Judges that Judge the Medium Judge the Large also? (just wondering) 

• Bede, there are separate judging panels.

• So then at least the Judges were not too tired, unless they were also needed to be there from the beginning of the entire Panorama

• I agree. For the second year in a row I fell asleep and missed the performances of seven of the large bands. The current format is too long. One option is to conduct the elimination phase so that the bands in the final are reduced to half the current number.

• Panorama simply should start earlier in the day. I saw children

perform in the large bands at 4 in the morning, that's cruel. There are a lot of youths in the bands, just for them it should be earlier. Patrons and judges will listen better too!  Also for the European online pan posse it would be great to have Panorama during the day, because for us it is starting at 2 am.

• Gerad My Bro.Without robbing the Public of their 20 or so Tunes, they would be able to leave at a decent time. the time would be saved by one Band which would Play two Pieces and leave the stage. the time saved would be in the set up time of two bands. ''Two for the Price of ONE. Do the math's. At the end of the Night at least Two hours would be Saved.

This reply was deleted.