PASSING OF A FRIEND

IT IS WITH A VERY SAD HEART I ANNOUNCE THE PASSING OF REGINALD "PANKY" SOBERS, PANKY AS MOST PEOPLE KNEW HIM BY DEPARTED THIS EARTH YESTERDAY. HE WAS A VERY FRIENDLY, GIVING AND FUNNY PERSON, WHEN PANKY WAS AROUND, YOU WERE SURE TO HEAR EVERYONE LAUGHING, I WAS VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE PLAYED PAN IN SILHOUETTES WITH PANKY. PANKY LATER WAS ONE OF THE MAIN DRIVING FORCES AND FOUNDERS OF MARSICANS, BOTH BANDS HERE IN NEW YORK. TO ALL HIS FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS PLEASE ACCEPT CONDOLENCES  MY FAMILY AND I.

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My condolences to Panky's family and friends.  I remember him well from Silhouettes.  He will be missed.

• I didn't know Panky. But, i know a lot about him. His brother Bert, and i are friends for more than 40 years. We now live here in Ocala, Florida. Condolences to the family. As a matter of fact, when Panky died, Bert was on the phone with their nephew, Keith.

• .......My heartfelt condolences to his family, he will be sorely missed !!!

• Well another one has left us. He will be telling his jokes upstairs with the others that also left,Condolences to  the Sobers Family  from myself and the Golden Harps International Family. RIP my Friend.

• Reginald "Panky" Sobers was like family to me. He was very generous, funny, yet always filled with good ideas. He was the one who got Boogsie to work with Silhouettes Steel Orch in 1998 which produced one of the biggest bands to enter NEW York's panorama (140 playars). Again,he was very involved in the calypso shows in Marsicans panyard on Sundays which brought us large crowds. My condolences to his family and friends. Gone but will never be forgotten.

• Condolences to Panky's family and the Pan fraternity.

• Condolences to Panky Family and friends.

• Condolences to Panky Family and Friends.

• My condolensces to Panky's family as well. I met panky when I joined Silhouettes and he was a very funny and giving person. Sleep In Peace my friend. SIP
This reply was deleted.