Passing of Lawrence Guerra

I just received news of the passing of Lawrence Guerra, former member of the T&T Police Band.

Mr. Guerra arranged classical music for several T&T steelbands including Potential Symphony.

Homegoing Services are today in Atlanta.

Keep the Guerra family in your thoughts and prayers. 

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Condolences to the Family and Friends.

• Ajamu thanks for the information.He was also in charge of the T&T Police Steel Orch. Of which I was a member back then. Thought the members to do sight reading. Some of us got up to grade 5 and one member continued to grade 8. Today that member does arrangements  for a small band and does teaching in schools. For the police service annual christmas concert,  Mr Guerra would actually rewrite classics for the band to sound full. He would be missed by many may his soul rest in peace .  Keep on playing music in heaven Mr. Guerra .I write this with tears in my eyes.

• Ajamu, we are appreciative of you passing on the transition news of a true National stalwart. Renown for his composed arrangements of our musical culture, he has indeed left a distinguished legacy which would hopefully serve to inspire our current and future generations. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and associates, may he rest in Eternal Peace.

This reply was deleted.