Port-of-Span Mayor Raymond Tim Kee RESIGNS!

Port of Spain Corporation
City Administration Department,
City Hall

February 13 2016

MEDIA RELEASE

I have noted the continued outrage and hurt over statements attributed to me. I deeply regret the consequences of these statements, and I apologise unreservedly to those who have been affected. I consider the reaction has been sufficient lo cause damage to the Office of the Mayor of Port of Spain, which any holder of this office should be concerned to protect at all costs.

It is in these circumstances, why I intend to call an emergency meeting of Council, and tender my resignaton as Mayor, and as an Alderman.

It is important for me to point out as a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, a man and a father, that I reiterate my unreserved respect for women, and in fact for all people, regardless of their race, gender or religion.

It is hoped that with this decision, the Office of the Mayor is now protected, my unreserved apology accepted by my fellow citizens, and that the focus can now be placed fully on solving the murder of a visitor to our shores.

Raymond Tim Kee

Mayor

You need to be a member of When Steel Talks to add comments!

Join When Steel Talks

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did his action(s) warrant a resignation? I think not.

• We seem to be jumping to conclusions before we know all the facts in this case. Let the investigators do their due diligence in getting the relevant facts before placing blame. 

The mayor may have been preemptive in voicing his concerns, he should have waited until all the info is in. It would have been better for him to ask for patience while the investigating proceeded.

Anyone who thinks carnival is headed in the right direction with the attire and actions of the mas revelers has their heads in the sand. I think we have surpassed the Brazilians who in past years we were in dis-belief about. 

• What most of us don't know about Brazilian mas is that not ALL the revellers are scantily dressed…and most of those who are, are perched high up on trailers…also Brazillians don't have an all day parade like us…once you pass through the competition area, that's it…they doh wine all day like us…again, coming back to Tim Kee…he was damned from the initial question….Mob rule is alive and well in T&T…moreso in politics...

• ... and nobody wants to address '"THE DANGEROUS LOCAL SUB-CULTURES" that he referenced in his warning to the scantily clad.

• Your second paragraph says it all. The rest.....condiments.

• That’s the problem with these individuals in public office, poorly trained in public relations or as some would say they suffer from “foot in mouth disease”, the tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. All you have to say is, I’ll look into it and get back with you. You don’t have to answer every question reporters ask.

• I consider Mr Tim Kee a man of integrity. His unfortunate statements led to this, so ok now my people, let's focus on finding the horrible killer of this young lady, that's what's REALLY important now.
  • There is nothing he can do to make up for what he said , this is an easy way out for him.

• I'm not surprised by the principled action taken by Mr Tim Kee. He made an unfortunate and troubling statement in these days of 'political correctness' and paid the price.  I wish that more of our politicians would be man/woman enough to follow his example.

This reply was deleted.